150+ mph electrostreak hotliner on a budget

L Edge

Master member
Shooting for 150mph, planes face 2 major issues. G-loadings and vibrations. As I see from your pictures, the rear wing is held in by 1 screw. Servos look like 1 screw at each end. Looks like a partial rebuild.

So, I would be sure if you have any vibrations in the air or flutter, back it off immediately before it destroys itself. When we flew at 200mph, designed called for +50 G''s in the turns. Looking at yours and maybe 20Gs say at 150mph, can you apply that load to yours and feel comfortable threads don't strip etc.? So be extra careful.

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Shooting for 150mph, planes face 2 major issues. G-loadings and vibrations. As I see from your pictures, the rear wing is held in by 1 screw. Servos look like 1 screw at each end. Looks like a partial rebuild.

So, I would be sure if you have any vibrations in the air or flutter, back it off immediately before it destroys itself. When we flew at 200mph, designed called for +50 G''s in the turns. Looking at yours and maybe 20Gs say at 150mph, can you apply that load to yours and feel comfortable threads don't strip etc.? So be extra careful.
Yeah, the wing and h-stab were all rock solid, even with the sudden g forces when the tail fell off and it slowed from around 100mph to 30mph almost instantly. I am replacing the tapped threads with a blind nut, and I wicked some thin ca into the area where the dowel at the front attaches to the wing.

L Edge

Master member
Yeah, the wing and h-stab were all rock solid, even with the sudden g forces when the tail fell off and it slowed from around 100mph to 30mph almost instantly. I am replacing the tapped threads with a blind nut, and I wicked some thin ca into the area where the dowel at the front attaches to the wing.

Hope you have success.