Help! Prop size and type

Dbogan

I have built ft simple cub and ordered power pack b, it came with 2 9x4.5 props, broke them both fast, the motor is 2212 1050kv , I bought 2 9x6 props that are flexible, so maybe they won't break as easy while I'm learning to land, my question is will the 9x6 prop be alright on my motor with 35 amp esc? And could someone suggest some hard to break props till I learn to land?

FDS

Elite member
I like the APC type prop better than the slow fly ones. You should have headroom on the ESC for the9x6.
APC prop
You are coming in with too much throttle if you are breaking props a lot. You could try adding some incidence to the Cub wing, put a 1mm spacer under the leading edge of the wing where it attaches to the fuselage. This makes a bit more lift and will lower the stall speed a little too.
If you are running wheels then consider belly landing on longer grass instead of wheel landing on tarmac or a hard surface. It’s easier and you won’t break as many props.

Dbogan

I like the APC type prop better than the slow fly ones. You should have headroom on the ESC for the9x6.
APC prop
You are coming in with too much throttle if you are breaking props a lot. You could try adding some incidence to the Cub wing, put a 1mm spacer under the leading edge of the wing where it attaches to the fuselage. This makes a bit more lift and will lower the stall speed a little too.
If you are running wheels then consider belly landing on longer grass instead of wheel landing on tarmac or a hard surface. It’s easier and you won’t break as many props.
Thanks a lot, I didn't want to burn anything out with the new props