Prop Size for Power Pack C

Hi! My power pack C came with two 10x6 props. I was wondering, can anyone tell me the advantages or disadvantages of going to a smaller diameter and higher pitch prop eg. 9x9? What about 9x6?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
A higher pitched prop will give you more speed, and is better for a speed plane. If you're flying a 3D plane then a bigger less-pitched prop is better to get even airflow and lots of prop wash.

"Corpse"

Legendary member
A higher pitched prop will give you more speed, and is better for a speed plane. If you're flying a 3D plane then a bigger less-pitched prop is better to get even airflow and lots of prop wash.
And a higher pitch prop with a large diameter means, AMPS! lol

Innaviation

If your going for speed smaller higher pitched props are better but a less pitched big prop can be good for efficiency. Either prop should work for a FT plane designed for power pack C.

I'm about to build the mini blender and the versa wing. I guess my real question is what effect does going smaller and steeper pitch vs smaller and same pitch have on speed and usage? Would slightly smaller diameter with slightly higher pitch retain efficiency while increasing speed?

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I'm about to build the mini blender and the versa wing. I guess my real question is what effect does going smaller and steeper pitch vs smaller and same pitch have on speed and usage? Would slightly smaller diameter with slightly higher pitch retain efficiency while increasing speed?
Bigger, less pitch will be more efficient. If you want more speed, increase the pitch. However the motor can only handle so much, so if you add a lot of pitch, then it’s smart to drop the diameter of the prop so it’s less strain on your motor. It’s kinda a balancing act between efficiency and speed. A good compromise for me is a 9x6 for a C pack. It gives great speed on 3s or 4s and also is quite efficient. For both the baby blender and versa a 9x6 will work great! If you plan on running 3s, you could bump it up to a 10x6 which will give you the same speed but a little more thrust. I have a 10x7 I sometimes use as well.

Last edited: