Prop size question

mike1974

Hi guys and gals,

Quick question.

For power pack C with Emax 2215 1100kv will a Master Airscrew 9x6 electric only prop work? I know the rule of thumb is step up/down pitch when moving size up/down. Was using slow flier 10x4.5. I would think a 9x6 will be fine, but wanted to ask anyway.

Thanks,

Mike

kdobson83

I think they recommend the 9x6 if your on a 4s battery. If your running a 3s battery, the 10x4.5 is recommended for Max power/efficiency. But it will do fine on the 9x6 on 3s as well, you just won't have the torque or max power. Could have a bit faster top speed tho.

mike1974

I think they recommend the 9x6 if your on a 4s battery. If your running a 3s battery, the 10x4.5 is recommended for Max power/efficiency. But it will do fine on the 9x6 on 3s as well, you just won't have the torque or max power. Could have a bit faster top speed tho.

Thank you for the reply!

I just had a few MAS 9x6 electric props laying around (I have a box full of props, lol) and thought it looked better than the slow flier. My son and I built the Spitfire. We have a 2 1/4 spinner and the MAS prop looks better IMO. I have about 5 or 6 of the 10x4.5 slow fliers if we do not like the 9x6. :)