Solved Propeller running when disconnected.

Marty72

Elite member
I have 4 working FT planes currently, all have the same basic receiver and ESC. One of the 4 planes works fine except if you shut down the transmitter before disconnecting the battery from the plane (throttle is off and in cut off position), it will run the prop at a very slow rpm. If I turn the transmitter back on, the prop shuts off. I have a throttle cut switch and use it, but even with it on before I disconnect the battery, I get this slow prop spin. What is causing this? I have all the planes set up the same on the transmitter (as far as I know). I've tried re-calibrating the ESC, but that doesn't seem to work.

I'm sure someone here knows........what have I forgot or done wrong?

Thanks,

Tench745

Master member
It sounds like you might have set the failsafe in the receiver at just above 0 throttle. When your RX sees no signal from the TX it goes into failsafe and may be putting the throttle just above idle. You'll have to look up your particular receiver and see how to reset it.
One other way to avoid this, never shut off your transmitter until the plan is unplugged/inert. And the obligatory caution: don't go testing this with the prop on!

Marty72

Elite member
It sounds like you might have set the failsafe in the receiver at just above 0 throttle. When your RX sees no signal from the TX it goes into failsafe and may be putting the throttle just above idle. You'll have to look up your particular receiver and see how to reset it.
One other way to avoid this, never shut off your transmitter until the plan is unplugged/inert. And the obligatory caution: don't go testing this with the prop on!
Thanks, that makes sense. I know that's not the proper procedure (to turn off the tx first) but I like to have every scenario covered when I can. I'll see if I can figure out how to change the failsafe in my Spectum RX AR410. I have several of these.

If anyone knows specifically how, please let me know.

Alright, I figured it out. When all else fails, read the instructions. I rebound the TX to the RX, this time, I made sure the throttle joy stick was all the way down hard in the off position. This solved it. So that's how you reprogram the failsafe on the RX.

Thanks Tench for the bump to get me to read the directions.

Last edited:

Tench745

Master member
Thanks, that makes sense. I know that's not the proper procedure (to turn off the tx first) but I like to have every scenario covered when I can. I'll see if I can figure out how to change the failsafe in my Spectum RX AR410. I have several of these.

If anyone knows specifically how, please let me know.

Alright, I figured it out. When all else fails, read the instructions. I rebound the TX to the RX, this time, I made sure the throttle joy stick was all the way down hard in the off position. This solved it. So that's how you reprogram the failsafe on the RX.

Thanks Tench for the bump to get me to read the directions.

My pleasure. I'm always glad when something I say can improve someone else's experience.