propellers?

BuggaBoo

hi there I just got my power pack C in the mail and finished my simple cub as well. took it for the maiden and the prop already broke on first flight from minor landing/crash. what are the best most durable 10 in props out there that will work for power pack C? i feel like props are my biggest expense right now and i dont think that should be the case. What is the best prop out there?

Aireal Anarchist

Elite member
i feel like props are my biggest expense right now and i dont think that should be the case

most props will break, chip or bend out of balance in crash landings..we all get prop strikes at some point......but to answer the question, many seem to like the ACP composite propeller for durability

Last edited:

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Xoar, APC and Master Airscrew have always been my go-to choice. For anything other than multirotor propellers and the JXF poly composite ones I wouldn't bother with Hobbyking.

As others have said, until you get really good at handling airplanes, props will be a disposable. It's better to buy a bunch at once and have tons of spares.

BuggaBoo

where can i get bulk and what size should i get? also.. is it better to go for cheap props from amazon in the beginning knowing that ill crash more, or just start off with APC , master airscrew? I dont have the money right now.

Last edited:

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
hi there I just got my power pack C in the mail and finished my simple cub as well. took it for the maiden and the prop already broke on first flight from minor landing/crash. what are the best most durable 10 in props out there that will work for power pack C? i feel like props are my biggest expense right now and i dont think that should be the case. What is the best prop out there?
I also vote for APC props but would also recommend that you consider the use of either a folding prop or a Prop saver!
Folding props can still break though especially if you crash at full throttle and are generally far more expensive to replace.

Just my thoughts!

Have fun!

CustomRCMods

Elite member
APC props are excellent, gemfans tend to break a little easier. I would recommend a 9x4.7 slow flyer prop, slow flyers are really flexible and produce smooth power. If you get genuine gemfans they should hold up real well.

TDL

Normally I would recommend prop saver for beginner, but the largest prop saver I have found only fits 1/8“ shaft, commonly found in the old style FT power pack, but not for the new C pack. I personally don’t think you need 10” prop on Simple Cub. The best props for 9” and down are the GWS HD or slow fly prop, super light, flexible, cheap, produce more thrust and draw less amp. Also, I would avoid APC sport on electric motor. Sport is designed for gas engine with much more mass around the hub than APC E or slow fly to handle the torque and vibration from gas engine. The downside is that electric motor might spin at a higher rate than a gas engine, and the acceleration is much faster, the mass/wight of a sport prop will put extra load on the drive shaft and eventually cause premature failure on bearings. Also the sport prop produces less thrust than the E prop.

whackflyer

Master member
Normally I would recommend prop saver for beginner, but the largest prop saver I have found only fits 1/8“ shaft, commonly found in the old style FT power pack, but not for the new C pack. I personally don’t think you need 10” prop on Simple Cub. The best props for 9” and down are the GWS HD or slow fly prop, super light, flexible, cheap, produce more thrust and draw less amp. Also, I would avoid APC sport on electric motor. Sport is designed for gas engine with much more mass around the hub than APC E or slow fly to handle the torque and vibration from gas engine. The downside is that electric motor might spin at a higher rate than a gas engine, and the acceleration is much faster, the mass/wight of a sport prop will put extra load on the drive shaft and eventually cause premature failure on bearings. Also the sport prop produces less thrust than the E prop.
Hmmm. I haven't had any problems with my sport props. I don't fly a lot of 3D or slow flying planes so I pretty much never use slow fly props. I'll have to try a 9x6E sometime.