Propellor Adaptors in the Boston Area?

rsegal

All,

Is there a Boston-area shop where I can get a propellor adaptor for the fixed-wing B power pack?

Thanks!

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Welcome to the FT Forums rsegal! Another Boston area FT fan here.

It's not super "local" but isn't too far if you have more than just the prop adapters to buy, and they will ship from Nashua, NH:

http://www.rcbuyers.com/

I believe this is the current version of the hobby shop I bought my first RTF from as I was just starting out (A Horizon Delta Ray.) They are in Foxborough: http://www.hobbyquarters.com/ (BTW, I believe there's a Dollar Tree in the same plaza... so you can pick up your FT build materials there as well!)

It used to be called RCHover and was in the same town, so I'm assuming they are one in the same.

I haven't visited them, but there's also this store in Mendon: http://www.creativehobbies.net/

I would call or email all of them to see if they have the item you're looking for.

Last edited:

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Fondest memory of Boston... Touring Old Ironsides and discovering why the head is where it is.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
In the Navy, the "head" is what we call the restroom (toilet). On Old Ironsides (the USS Constitution) you can see why the toilets were places at the head of the ship. It was done for... strategic purposes. You see, the bow hangs waaayyy out over the water. When I toured the ship, I took a peek at the toilet bench (there were several side by side) and when you look down where people would sit you see the water far below. The captain of the ship by the way also has his private toilet in back, also hanging out from the side of the ship over the water.
Unknown.jpeg
Aren't you glad you asked?:cool:

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
maxresdefault.jpg

Man I haven't been to a brick and mortar hobby shop in ages. Mendon is pretty close to me so I might check that out sometime. I also know about the one near Foxborough, but never get around to going there when I go to Bass Pro Shops (also in Foxborough).

liamnave

flyboy
In the Navy, the "head" is what we call the restroom (toilet). On Old Ironsides (the USS Constitution) you can see why the toilets were places at the head of the ship. It was done for... strategic purposes. You see, the bow hangs waaayyy out over the water. When I toured the ship, I took a peek at the toilet bench (there were several side by side) and when you look down where people would sit you see the water far below. The captain of the ship by the way also has his private toilet in back, also hanging out from the side of the ship over the water.
View attachment 90334
Aren't you glad you asked?:cool:

oh... and what if its REALLY REALLY REALLY cold outside?

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
In heavy seas, I imagine you kind of have a conundrum where some of the waste water might wash up with the spray... but hope that the next spray provides a cleansing effect. Speaking of the USS Constitution. It just left dry dock after a 2 year refit.

OP, glad to hear you were able to find what you needed!

Last edited:

rustygunns

Theres also a
"Hobby Fever" located in Billerica, Ma. They're a horizon hobby dealer and are pretty well stocked, also sell at the same prices as Horizon online

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I know both Brandeis and Northeastern University have drone clubs. Northeastern I know takes a train to go to a flying field somewhere in the area. I'm not sure how much you want to hang out with college kids flying drones, but I know they are super passionate. Let me know if you want contacts.