Proposition: Build my dream plane, and I will buy it.

Vimana89

Legendary member
Working on a nice clean, standardized fuselage design for high mounted pushers based on flite test building techniques and on Loopin Louie's planes. This one is designed to be used with six inch props. Here's a sketch of one side, I have to draw up the full template. This one is for deltas, flying wings, and lower mounted wings of any kind.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Vimana89

Legendary member
Here is a pic of the completed half template. I can just flip it and trace it twice or make a second copy for the other side. The underside can be made longer or wider depending on the build.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Here is a pic of the completed half template. I can just flip it and trace it twice or make a second copy for the other side. The underside can be made longer or wider depending on the build.
Two Ideas for you:
First, make the underside of the nose smoother! That will help with take-off and landing on grass and increase durability, because it will take much roughther landings.
Second, you could leave the front part as it is now, but make the entire back section including wing and tail sliding in and attatched with BBQ skewers. That way you could easyly change between trainer and delta. But build the trainer first! And reinforce the Joint of the two halves. You could put the servos in the back section and just plug them in/out, but then it is extreamely important to check direction everytime you change.
If it works, this swappebility is going to give you a lot of fun for the start!
Btw, have you looked into simulators yet or had any experiences flying? Even the best plane wont be fun If you cant fly it, so learn, because thats the safest way to the fun!

Dr. Looping Looie

Elite member
Also, make sure that your trainer wing has a spar, look at the tiny trainer for example, you could use its wing, but its three sheets thick, so keep the prop clearence in mind!

Vimana89

Legendary member
Two Ideas for you:
First, make the underside of the nose smoother! That will help with take-off and landing on grass and increase durability, because it will take much roughther landings.
Second, you could leave the front part as it is now, but make the entire back section including wing and tail sliding in and attatched with BBQ skewers. That way you could easyly change between trainer and delta. But build the trainer first! And reinforce the Joint of the two halves. You could put the servos in the back section and just plug them in/out, but then it is extreamely important to check direction everytime you change.
If it works, this swappebility is going to give you a lot of fun for the start!
Btw, have you looked into simulators yet or had any experiences flying? Even the best plane wont be fun If you cant fly it, so learn, because thats the safest way to the fun!
Haven't done much for simulators, but I will look into it for sure. I'll see if I can make this swappable, if not, I can redesign the next version to be swappable. I'm just cutting up the last good bit of my beat up and cut up foam board scraps to practice building with better technique. At the moment, I actually only have enough in the right length and width to make a slender delta. I'm not expecting much from it, but it's a fun practice project while I order more supplies and wait for my next chance to head downtown and get more foam board. I'll update on the progress. If it flies at all, I'll take it slow and easy and only do short flights until I'm a better pilot. I also will not lock myself into that build only, after I get new foamboard and parts I'll be trying easier ones for beginners and learning many different styles as I progress.I'll also keep flying my Trojan on beginner mode until I'm the best I can be before I even attempt to take safe mode off again.

Last edited: