Solved Props?

Sywar

Just scratch built my first plan which is a 3 channel simple cub with a c pack. Since I'm just starting I know I am gonna break some(a lot) of props and was looking at buying a bunch of cheap props from amazon. Now these sets that have a lot of props are half and half cw and ccw and I know I could just use up one half then switch 2 motor wires to reverse it and use the other kind but is that advised. I know ccw is standard and I'm not sure if theres an important reason.

Last edited:

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
... I know I could just use up one half then switch 2 motor wires to reverse it and use the other kind but is that advised. I know ccw is standard and I'm not sure if theres an important reason.

you can't do that. due to the p-factor the motor is offset based upon the prop rotation. in tractor configured airplanes it is down and to the right. if you just swap wires and use an R prop you gonna have some issues.

laters,

me :cool:

Andrew

G'day Mate
The only other thing the look out for is the side thrust angle of the motor motor/mount, when you change prop direction you should also change the side thrust angle to the other side.