Protect full size plans?

thenated0g

Drinker of coffee, Maker of things
Mentor
I just got some full size plans printed out. I'm not doing a balsa build but figured this was probably where the most experience with full size plans (that don't get chopped up) would be. So does anybody protect there full size plans in any way? They are not super expensive but would like to keep them in good shape. Was thinking i could use my 5mil iron on laminate for *gasp* what it was actually made for.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
I used to roll mine up and store them that way but they are a hassle to use them again, I have now begun to fold them since it is easier to get out a crease than an entire warped piece of paper, in my mind that is. If you have some giant folders to store them flat that would be ideal.

thenated0g

Mentor
Thanks for the reply, i didnt explain it well, i meant how to protect it while on the workbench and working on top of it.

Joker 53150

Mmmmmmm, balsa.
Mentor
Depending on what I'm building I'll sometimes lay down some plastic wrap where glue will be applied. Occasionally I'll just build right over the paper and take a little more time to be sure not to get excess on the paper, it kind of depends on what I'm building and what kind of mood I'm in. :)

SlingShot

Maneuvering With Purpose
We always covered the plans with waxed paper if we were going to build on top of the plans.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
Thanks for the reply, i didnt explain it well, i meant how to protect it while on the workbench and working on top of it.
Ah I misread it, I guess that's what happens after some state tests in combination with calculus and physicso_O

Timmy P

I usually trace all my templates one by one. Put them away and then start building. I would not recommend working ontop of your plans if you want to preserve them.

foamtest

Toothpick glider kid
HEY!!! NO MATHS ON WEEKENDS!

You know the rules.
I will make sure to show this to my calc teacher the next time she assigns 50 problems over the weekend. (I am not kidding about the number either, we got 1-93 for homework today!)

thenated0g

Mentor
Thanks for the comments. I got some of the "wax paper"...whatever costco calls it anyways and it works really well. I had seen it used in builds but never in person. Its really easy to see thru. I even used some to trace a template.
IMG_20181002_181935.jpg