Protocol for TFR6 Receiver

d8veh

Elite member
I'm trying to bind a Frsky TFR6 to my JUmper T12 multi-protocol transmitter. Can anyone tell me which protocol to set the Tx to. None seem to work.

d8veh

Elite member
I believe it uses the FASST protocol.
Yes, you're right, thanks; however, I already knew that. As far as I know, the JP4in1 module is compatible with Futaba receivers, but I can't find a setting for FASST.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Yes, you're right, thanks; however, I already knew that. As far as I know, the JP4in1 module is compatible with Futaba receivers, but I can't find a setting for FASST.

I've got this 4 in 1 module https://www.banggood.com/IRangeX-IR...-p-1225080.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN
Not sure if it is similar.

On mine it would be #6 on the dial or in the software S-FHSS. On mine, if you press the bind button, the module will change modes, you got to make sure you are back in the "normal" mode before you can control your Rx. I find it much easier to bind through the software than using the dial & bind buttons.

Not sure how you are doing it, by dial or by software.

d8veh

Elite member
I'm using Open Tx on my Jumper. I guess in your terminology I'm using software to select it. I tried SFHSS, but it wouldn't bind.

I think I have the dial on 8. The slot is straight up and down (default). It's not clear whether that's 0 or 8. Do I need to change it?

What does this mean?
"you got to make sure you are back in the "normal" mode before you can control your Rx. "

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
What does this mean?
"you got to make sure you are back in the "normal" mode before you can control your Rx. "

On Mine the dial has 16 positions & the module 32 protocols. Select the first 16 with the “normal” mode. The 2nd 16, push the bind button till the green light starts or stops blinking can’t remember which, now you’re in the “2nd” mode.

On mine, to select the protocol through the software, you must have the dial on zero, in the “normal” mode. The dial in any other position, the module thinks you’re using the dial, not the software, to select protocols.

d8veh

Elite member
OK, thanks, I understand now. I guess the dial is for transmitters that don't have software to select the modes. Mine must be in the zero position. I never touched it, nor looked at the lights to bind my other receivers.

have you actually bound yours to a FASST receiver, or is it just not compatible?

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
have you actually bound yours to a FASST receiver, or is it just not compatible?

I don’t have any FASST RX’s to bind with. The manufacturer said it can be done. I’ve have bound Spectrum & Flysky. I had trouble with mine because it was not in the correct mode. It was my fault, once I had everything correct, they easily bound up.

I also had trouble with the pins not lining up, the pins were going into the case but not into the header. None of the lights came on, the modular was not getting power. With the module in the Tx, I took the back plate off & could see the pins were not in the socket. When I got the pins in the socket, the module powered up & the lights tuned on.

If you can not bind with any Rx, then you're likely doing something incorrectly. Are you are only having trouble binding with FASST Rx?

Last edited:

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
the dial is for transmitters that don't have software to select the modes.

Yes, both the dial AND the bind button are for Tx's without software select mode. I've used mine in both types of Tx. The bind process for each is quite different.

If you are using the dial and bind button, then the software can't make any changes until you get the module in the correct mode.

Last edited: