Proximity FPV Tree Dancing

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I have not been able to fly far and fast lately due to range issues so here is a short clip of some proximity FPV flying I did around a large oak tree.

jipp

thats the perfect tree for that kind of practicing.. nice flying man.. you do that every day i promise you will improve with the rest of your flying.. it has to bleed over. iv been flying all morning in my room with the nano q. heh so far iv flown 10 battery's charging them again for another round.. im glad i bought that 1s charging board that can charge 7 1s at a time or it would take forever to charge so many battery's.

all im doing is just hovering and flying in a circle. i fly one battery nose in, and one battery nose out, and switch it back and forth. if i crash i just pull it in with a string. so im getting my fix and more important, stick time.. even if its just hovering around my room.
i still have to watch the book case, tv, chairs, etc... and to top it off the silly cat too now.. it notice the string hanging from it while im flying.

chris.

HawK86uk

Professional Amateur
Nice, precise and very controlled. Hopefully I'll get there one day! haha. Hope you sort your range issues out soon.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Thanks guys! Jipp, good to hear that you are able to get flying, even if it involves a string and a cat.

jipp

Thanks guys! Jipp, good to hear that you are able to get flying, even if it involves a string and a cat.

yeah man it feels good to do so.. im hoping doctor release me next month.. im healing pretty good. i had a check up yesterday with doctors etc.. and he said im healing better than he expected.. not sure what that means.

chris.

p.s

by the way, you used a regular folder for your zmr air frame cover correct? the plastic type? i gonna build another zmr quad next and buying parts for it.. gonna go with 2204s with it and use it for fpv and keep the 1806 zmr for line of sight. but i want the dust protection and keep small rocks out best i can.. and a 3d printed cover is to heavy when your idea with the folder worked.. just not sure which kind i need.

Last edited:

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
by the way, you used a regular folder for your zmr air frame cover correct? the plastic type?

Yes it is a plastic folder I got from Staples. They call the material "durable, waterproof, tear-resistant poly material." They come in solid colors, the translucent plastic folders might not work.

The folder is not big enough to cut out a guard without having the center fold in your piece. All you have to do is line up your measurements so the center fold is where the guard will wrap around one of the front posts. Note that I did recently pick up some more folders and they seems a little different. Still tough feeling, but possibly thinner and the texture on one side is smoother. If you can't find them or don't have a Staples I have also seen a similar material used for table place mats and if you have a DAL prop it is a similar texture (possibly same polymer)

'Velocirotor' is a great screen name.

Thanks! Luckily the name had not been claimed anywhere and I thought it was more interesting than 'SnarlsFPV'

jipp

thanks for the feed back, yeah i have a staples. next time im in town ill look.

my youtube name is just chris c.. or does it use our email? iv never uploaded anything to youtube yet.. but i will soon. need to buy a camera for my birthday i guess come oct.

chris.