Pulled the trigger...

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
A few years back, I saw a video from Flite Fest where Ready Made RC showed up with a Strix Goblin prototype that they were building. They talked about how fast the plane was, demonstrated it, and I said, "I want one!"

I think when it first came out, it was retailing at just shy of $200, and I was kinda like, "Well, I dunno...It looks cool, it looks fast, but that seems like a little much for me."

Then they came out with the Strix Nano Goblin, and I said, "Ok, $150, shipped - and it's small and will fit into my car without having to be disassembled and reassembled, AND I can get 30 min. of flight off of 1 charge? That, I can do." So I bought one, and flew it, and still have it. Thing's incredibly fast on a 2S Li-Ion, and can apparently handle a 3S Li-Ion battery (unfortunately RMRC hasn't had them in stock; they've all been on back order, and I'm a little leery of trying to solder up my own since there's a potential for things to go boom on me).

I built an FT Goblin to see if it was any better than my Nano Goblin, and it's nice, but it's similar to my Nano Goblin, just scaled up a little bit more. Because of that, I'm going to end up handing it off to one of my fellow club members and wishing them well with it; I'd rather fly my Nano Goblin. And, if they crash it and give me back the electronics, I'll be happy to remake it for them. :)

All that said, right after Christmas, RMRC announced a sale on the Strix Goblin, bringing it down to $120. It was too good a deal to pass up, and seeing as how it also runs on 4S 2200s, which I also use for my quads and my F-27 Evolution, I was already pretty much set in the battery situation. So, there is now a new bird in the hangar, and I'll be maidening that Goblin this weekend!

I'll post pics later today when I have a chance.

Flite Risk

I am glad to see I am not the only one who suffers from that mania.

Should we start a support group?

sprzout

Mentor
As promised, I have pics. As you can see, it’s larger than the FT Goblin; the wingspan is nearly that of the Master Series Mustang behind it.
EDA07072-1D0E-4CB6-BCD9-EC90F14BFB71.jpeg

sprzout

Mentor
I am glad to see I am not the only one who suffers from that mania.

Should we start a support group?

"Hi, my name's Sprzout, and I am addicted to Goblins..."

"Hi Sprzout!"

LOL

That said, i can't wait to try and fly the full size Goblin. :)

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
A few years back, I saw a video from Flite Fest where Ready Made RC showed up with a Strix Goblin prototype that they were building. They talked about how fast the plane was, demonstrated it, and I said, "I want one!"

I think when it first came out, it was retailing at just shy of $200, and I was kinda like, "Well, I dunno...It looks cool, it looks fast, but that seems like a little much for me."

Then they came out with the Strix Nano Goblin, and I said, "Ok, $150, shipped - and it's small and will fit into my car without having to be disassembled and reassembled, AND I can get 30 min. of flight off of 1 charge? That, I can do." So I bought one, and flew it, and still have it. Thing's incredibly fast on a 2S Li-Ion, and can apparently handle a 3S Li-Ion battery (unfortunately RMRC hasn't had them in stock; they've all been on back order, and I'm a little leery of trying to solder up my own since there's a potential for things to go boom on me).

I built an FT Goblin to see if it was any better than my Nano Goblin, and it's nice, but it's similar to my Nano Goblin, just scaled up a little bit more. Because of that, I'm going to end up handing it off to one of my fellow club members and wishing them well with it; I'd rather fly my Nano Goblin. And, if they crash it and give me back the electronics, I'll be happy to remake it for them. :)

All that said, right after Christmas, RMRC announced a sale on the Strix Goblin, bringing it down to $120. It was too good a deal to pass up, and seeing as how it also runs on 4S 2200s, which I also use for my quads and my F-27 Evolution, I was already pretty much set in the battery situation. So, there is now a new bird in the hangar, and I'll be maidening that Goblin this weekend!

I'll post pics later today when I have a chance.
Cool, I wish I was paying more attention to sales because there are several field members where I fly who are Stryker guys and for $120 finally flying faster than one of them would have been fun ;)

sprzout

Mentor
LOL
How do you pronounce sprzout?

Funny story about that - I got the nickname when i was working as pizza delivery back in the late 90's. A couple of us were hanging out after work, and the manager had been drinking a bit off the clock. He looked at me, and said, "You know, you look kinda like that little green guy from the Jolly Green Giant commercials!"

And another coworker, who'd been hitting his bong a bit, slurred a bit and said, "Ha! Spr...spurz...Sprzout!" And it stuck. I've kept the nickname alive for over 20 years now. :) So basically, you pronounce it "Spurs-out", but with a bit more of a Z sound than an S.

sprzout

Mentor
been tempted to hit this one myself... but alas, my hanger is overflowing.....

must not click link
must not click link
must
not
click
link....

LOL you know you want to! :) Just hand off an FT plane you don't fly much to some kid at the field, make their day. :)

Flite Risk

been tempted to hit this one myself... but alas, my hanger is overflowing.....

must not click link
must not click link
must
not
click
link....
Peer pressure, Peer pressure, Peer pressure, Peer pressure, Peer pressure, Peer pressure, Peer pressure, Peer pressure

Flite Risk

2 weeks ago I just dropped 100 on an O.G. Parkzone radian & Typhoon2.

I'm out, my wife would have my hide if I clicked that link.....

LitterBug

Techno Nut
LOL you know you want to! :) Just hand off an FT plane you don't fly much to some kid at the field, make their day. :)
LOL... yeah.... but.... RMRC knows me too well already.... LOL... Several of these were bought on clearance, some Flat spin, etc... They are about 20-30 minutes from here, so they are WAY too convenient....

This is just the RMRC products:
1 Stratosurfer... (bought used @ FF '18)
2 Nano Goblins...
2 Nano Skyhunters
1 Mini skyhunter
1 Alatus + 1 full spare kit (discon)
2 RMRC Makos (discon)
1 RMRC Surfer 1600 (discon)
1 RMRC Surfer 2000 (discon)

So no.... no clickie the linkie....