pumpkin chucking challenge

mrfourtysevenman

i wanna see Josh B. flying an airplane (preferably a teksumo or a bixler) and Joshua S. has to throw small pumpkins at it. the first one hit must bring the airplane down. the airplane must fly within 30 feet of the ground.

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
Around here where I live they have a huge pumpkin festival in Damariscotta Maine. These pumpkins are huge. A friend of mine won a few years back with a 900+ pounder. He also raced in one hollowed out and made into a boat.

But for our purposes, what about a pumpkin drop challenge! You could set up a halloween prop, like a witch, and drop pumpkins on her. Well, you could try.

And while you're at it I would be curious to see what a pumpkin dropped on a trampoline looks like.

Last edited:

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
i wanna see Josh B. flying an airplane (preferably a teksumo or a bixler) and Joshua S. has to throw small pumpkins at it. the first one hit must bring the airplane down. the airplane must fly within 30 feet of the ground.

You're thinking too subdued... :D They could get those mini pumpkins, and fit them in a potato gun...

earthsciteach

You ALL are thinking too small! Here's the REAL DEAL! Welcome to my birthplace-Slower Lower, Sussex County Delaware-the birthplace of Punkin' Chunkin!:
http://www.punkinchunkin.com/
Ever seen a pumpkin fly over a mile?
http://science.discovery.com/tv/punkin-chunkin/

This testament to gourd and visionaries with too much time on their hands takes place in Bridgeville, DE on the first weekend in November. There is nothing more beautiful than experiencing a pressurized cannon firing a pumpkin and watching it quickly become an ever shrinking dot until is disappears out of site.

God, I LOVE my place of birth, Sussex County, DE!!!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
I was thinking at a scale that wouldn't get Chad evicted from his neighborhood...

Although, it's about time he went out and bought an old farm, and converted it to the new Flite Test international headquarters. Set it up with a dedicated flying field, hobby shop, rv sites on the flight line, and a bunk house.

Of course they could have a studio too. And no more cellular towers in the way.

earthsciteach

Well, I certainly don't want to get Chad kicked out of his neighborhood. Although, that cell tower is just asking for it. If it's not AT&T, I am all for knocking it down. If it is AT&T, I think we should keep it intact, just in case flitetest needs to call me and coordinate a time to put the kids of Allen Middle School in an episode. LOL!

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
You're going to need a lot of parental consent forms...

written on pumpkins (there, I kept it on topic.)

:)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
You ALL are thinking too small! Here's the REAL DEAL! Welcome to my birthplace-Slower Lower, Sussex County Delaware-the birthplace of Punkin' Chunkin!:
http://www.punkinchunkin.com/
Ever seen a pumpkin fly over a mile?
http://science.discovery.com/tv/punkin-chunkin/

This testament to gourd and visionaries with too much time on their hands takes place in Bridgeville, DE on the first weekend in November. There is nothing more beautiful than experiencing a pressurized cannon firing a pumpkin and watching it quickly become an ever shrinking dot until is disappears out of site.

God, I LOVE my place of birth, Sussex County, DE!!!

Yawn! Damariscotta has that and better! They blew a pickup apart this year too.:D

I wasn't only looking at smashing pumpkins but also including it in the whole RC Air motif we have going on here.:)

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
Well, I have heard of skilled pilots having a hook dangling from a plane and then flying to pick up a plastic pumpkin, then make a lap and have a release for the string to bowl the pumpkin to down pins. Talk about pilot skill!

jetpackninja

More combat please...
Mentor
I was thinking at a scale that wouldn't get Chad evicted from his neighborhood...

Although, it's about time he went out and bought an old farm, and converted it to the new Flite Test international headquarters. Set it up with a dedicated flying field, hobby shop, rv sites on the flight line, and a bunk house.

Of course they could have a studio too. And no more cellular towers in the way.

Hahaha- if you have more than one they are no longer cell towers- RACING PYLONS ;)

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Acutally quite a lot of towers keep reminding me of Flite Test right now so it actually could be a quite good symbol for Flite Test.

Maybe we can the tower onto the background of the FT logo :D haha

earthsciteach

Not to take anything away from Daramascotta (I'm sure its a quaint festival ;)), but this is the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP Pumpkin Chunkin' that is taking place this weekend in DE. Its going to be hosted for Discovery by that hot little red-head from Mythbusters, Kari Byron. Mmmm, Kari Byron....

Oh, to keep on topic (as if mentioning Kari Byron requires any justification, Mmmmm)- there should be a division for Anti-RC Aircraft punkin' Chunkin'.