Pun Jet Chuck glider (6 months later)

dengar256

About 6 months ago I made two pun jets for my boys (4 years and 8 years old) to use as a chuck glider. It was a lot of fun watching them learn about CG and balance without them knowing it. My oldest grabbed his plane before I could put any nose weight in it. After a few tail heavy flights he brought it back complaining it did not fly well. I told him it was because we had to put some weight in the nose. This started a months long experiment for him to find the best weight combination to make it fly the farthest. His little brother followed him doing the same thing without really knowing why.

Unfortunately I believe the end is near for these two brave planes. The first one is my youngest son's plane and has seen a lot of hard play. The second one in my oldest son's plane and seems to have fared better (less "simulated crashes). The duct tape is my oldest son's attempt to bring them back to life. I marvel at what he has learned by watching me build different planes and how he applies this to his projects. Notice the bracing on the tails. I have been working on an explorer lately and he has asked me many questions about the build process. I am blown away but the ingenuity of the young mind.

Not bad for $2.00 worth of foam board and a few hours of work. Thank you Flite test for giving us these plans and opportunity to create these very special memories with our families. I am truly grateful.

20160612_172444_resized.jpg 20160612_172457_resized.jpg

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
Awesome story.

I think your oldest would really love a FT Sparrow. They make great little chuck gliders!