Purchasing FT kits

VA3TOX

Hello FT family,

I've put my order for a few FT kits and motors back early May and I've been told by my local hobby store that they are unable to contact you to identify if the equipment is available for purchase.

Do you currently have distribution issues?

VA3TOX

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Did you order them directly from the FT store or through your hobbyshop? You can look on the FT store to see which kits are in stock or out of stock - quite a few are out of stock currently, which might explain why yours haven't arrived yet.

VA3TOX

I've purchased through my hobby store and they stated that they don't know how to reach Flite Test to understand when items will come back in stock. Surprising since on their social media videos they are actively advertising their power and build kits.

It would be nice to have a bit more transparency of when we can expect to have stock.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
That is too bad. Which kits did you order? I can tell you whether they are in stock or not, but I don't know when they will be getting back in stock.

VA3TOX

FTSBK710M

FT Mustang 1225mm Master Series Kit Maker
Foam

FTSM2218B1180

Flite Test Radial Brushless Motor 2218B-
1180kV

FTSPPRC

Radial Power Pack C - R2218-1180/FT35A
ESC/4xES08AII/Acc

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Hmm, all those are in stock. Have you ordered from your hobbyshop before? I'm not sure what their process is, but I know that my orders directly from the FT store usually arrive in less than a week.

VA3TOX

This was the first time, they are one of the biggest Hobby Stores in Canada greathobbies.com

If you have the power to do so, please have someone communicate with them.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
So i am sorry i am confused a little. You ordered FT kits from the Great Hobbies website? Myself i havent looked for FT stuff online through great hobbies but i have purchased FT stuff in store. If i order FT kits online it will be cheaper to do it through FT. The shipping will be cheaper just by cutting out the middle man and you will get direct info in customer service. I find that between the mark up and currency exchange, then add on taxes, FT direct is the way to go if you want complete kits. And you may get it delivered sooner then trying to go through great hobbies. Now in the Covid situation getting anything into Canada from the US will be tough. I have been sourcing my stuff from Amazon.ca. And for the most part that is cheaper yet because now you are cutting out the FT factor. Thats just me though

VA3TOX

So, I am looking from a response from FT admins, members within the company to respond, I haven't found an email to send my request to. So I am asking through this forum. Please allow FT to respond to my question.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
So, I am looking from a response from FT admins, members within the company to respond, I haven't found an email to send my request to. So I am asking through this forum. Please allow FT to respond to my question.

The core crew RARELY comes to the forums anymore its all done thru Facebook. You can however address your issues with them here.

Support@Flitetest.com I am not however sure if that is handled in house or that was passed to AMAIN as well as its been years since I needed to talk to support.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I've only bought FB kits in person at Great Hobbies from their available stock. Anything I'd need GH to special order I've just gotten direct from FT. That was before the switch to Amain, but I don't imagine the shipping costs have improved since then. Still going to be the fastest option with the covid situation being what it is ;)

Headbang

Master member
This was the first time, they are one of the biggest Hobby Stores in Canada greathobbies.com

If you have the power to do so, please have someone communicate with them.
Be careful of great hobbies. They are awesome in store, they have a lot of stock, but they seldom come through on things even when they say they will. It is their right as a business to do business any way they see fit, and they are really the only source for some things in Canada easily. What they are not good at it keeping the main warehouse stocked as they like to only do container orders, and it takes a long time to get to the point they need a container load of stuff from somewhere. This practice basically killed xtreme flight in Canada, and could do the same to flight test easily. Personally if it is not in stock at the store I order directly from flite test.