Pusher

kweinert

I think it would be pretty interesting to see a Shinden, a WWII Experimental Japanese pusher prop plane.

kdobson83

I think it would be pretty interesting to see a Shinden, a WWII Experimental Japanese pusher prop plane.
Lol, the infamous Shinden. They did make a Shinden about 4 years ago and if I remember correctly launched it from the FT Guinea Pig with a rocket. They did try to make it a good flyer and was going to turn it into an FT design but couldn't get it to fly right. I believe they tried again about a year or so ago and had their beta testers working with it trying to make it work but I'm assuming they never did get it right. I haven't heard a thing about it since so I'd assume they'd couldn't get it right and didn't wanna release a bad design.

kdobson83

Yeah, here's the video of their rocket powered Shinden. And it looks like they launched it off the Kraken, not the Guinea Pig.

kweinert

Thank you. I'm obviously new here and somehow didn't find it.

There's another interesting German plane, but I'll try to research more before I mention it. :)

Thank you.

Keno

Actually these types of airplanes are controllable flying darts. Thus the nose has to be heaver than the tail more so what we would think as normal. Then to compensate for the nose heavy issue you have to compensated with "Reflect" or up elevon. When these two issues are balanced they fly quite nicely. They also should have third fin or more for flight stabilization as does a dart or arrow (flights). I note that FT's Shinden has dihedral that would provide some stability but third fin would have improved it's flight. What is a controllable dart? A dart with a wing to provide lift and a motor for continuous forward motion. You can review some or Local Friends and Jpot1 posts on their work. I know some will disagree with me but this is how I see it and they do fly great.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Actually, kind of reminds me of the FT Goblin; might've been what it morphed into?

Piotrsko

Master member
Thank you. I'm obviously new here and somehow didn't find it.

There's another interesting German plane, but I'll try to research more before I mention it. :)

Thank you.

Natter? Somebody did one as a glider maybe back 30 years. If you scale the wing up to 2ft span it would work as a FT plane.