Pushrod tubing?

Wildthing

Legendary member
DING, DING, DING, DING we have a winner! Holy frijoles! 10 yards of 3/32" O.D. tubing for $11.67 including shipping and tax. I think I'll be set for life now.....

Joe
Stupid jerks want $19.70 US to ship to Canada, that's about $28.00 CA.

FoamyDM

Building Fool-Flying Noob
My wife bought a pack of these shower caps in a dollar store. It might have been Dollar General. There was about 3 feet of guide tubing inside each cap. That's 9 feet of tubing for a buck! It's the perfect size tubing, nice and stiff. You can straighten it out over a hot stove.

View attachment 164132

I have no idea what the shower caps are good for. :)

Jon
if you have hair like me, and don't want to get it wet while you clean... because making it pretty afterwards takes to long.. or so I heard. I don't care personally. I will have to look again in both stores... each store kind is nearby

Turbojoe

Elite member
No kidding - all the hobby shops around me finally closed their doors until further notice on...Fri? Thurs? Sometime last week, despite shelter in place orders. Glad you don't need it right this minute, though.

Let us know how this tubing works out for you; I'd be curious to see if it's stiff enough to work, or if it's too soft.

Order is in and it should be here by Tuesday of next week. I'll update when I get a chance to look at it.

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
Let us know how this tubing works out for you; I'd be curious to see if it's stiff enough to work, or if it's too soft.

I got the tubing today. Well.......... it's a bit soft for my needs. That's OK though. The inside diameter "could" accommodate" .061 (1/16") wire if it were stiff but as soft as it is .047 would be max. If I stretch it taut between bulkheads before gluing I can still use it as a low friction slide. I'll probably have to find another use for it though. My daughter does a LOT of craft work. I'll keep one meter and give the other 9 meters to her.

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
I just went to McMaster-Carr.com to look for tubing and left with a massive headache. OMG! There are hundreds of options. Too bad there isn't a local store I can walk into with a sample and have them find it for me. Why do I always pick the hardest things to find.........:rolleyes:

Joe

Wildthing

Legendary member
I got the tubing today. Well.......... it's a bit soft for my needs. That's OK though. The inside diameter "could" accommodate" .061 (1/16") wire if it were stiff but as soft as it is .047 would be max. If I stretch it taut between bulkheads before gluing I can still use it as a low friction slide. I'll probably have to find another use for it though. My daughter does a LOT of craft work. I'll keep one meter and give the other 9 meters to her.

Joe

That's to bad

Turbojoe

Elite member
That's to bad

I'm not terribly bummed out. The seller didn't misrepresent it and I took a chance that it MIGHT work for me. It didn't and because it was cheap I'm OK with it. The good part is as soon as I hand it to my daughter she'll think of ten things she can use it for so it's not a loss in any way for me.

Joe

Wildthing

Legendary member
I'm not terribly bummed out. The seller didn't misrepresent it and I took a chance that it MIGHT work for me. It didn't and because it was cheap I'm OK with it. The good part is as soon as I hand it to my daughter she'll think of ten things she can use it for so it's not a loss in any way for me.

Joe

That's good, usually before I share a link to something I have tried it myself first.

Turbojoe

Elite member
That's good, usually before I share a link to something I have tried it myself first.

Not a problem. The link you posted looked like a very good possibility. It's not perfect for R/C but all is not lost. I'll find a use for some of it and I know my daughter will create yet another masterpiece with the rest of it. (y)

Joe