Pushrods what size are yours

Aust1n

General question to everyone. What thickness pushrods or setups do you use for large master series style builds or bigger, heavy and long, light and short? Tubing? Supports?

All advise is good.

leaded50

Legendary member
approx 1.5mm on short, bicycle spokes. (2.5mm) on long ones ,glued plastictubes for support if not formers enough to support

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I use survey flags, the wire they come with is plenty strong yet easier to work with then music wire. Can be supported if needed on a long run and will be as strong as you should ever need. They come in bundles of 100 flags at almost 24" a piece and only cost 6-8 bucks. almost 200' of wire for 8 buck at Home Depot... thats a no brainer

Timmy

Legendary member
I use 1mm iron wire. I dont have very many long distance applications for now because this wire is pretty bendy but for 20 cm and up I use a little pastic tube for support that fits like a glove over the wire. This wire is pretty readily available at pretty much any hardware store. The tubing is the little tube attached to some aerosol cans or other spray cans like WD-40.

sundown57

Legendary member
i use .030 tig wire. they come 3 feet long and you can buy a pound for 6 bucks. that's like 30 rods. they do need support if you run them over about 8 inches long.

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
I never got what you meant by that until now! yeh that wire is perfect, I'll just have to go steal some flags from the side of the road :p
At a hardware store you can get bundles of 100 flags for like 6-8 bucks. works out to be almost 200 feet of wire

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I never got what you meant by that until now! yeh that wire is perfect, I'll just have to go steal some flags from the side of the road :p
You might ask before you take the flags. Once they are done digging and no longer need to know where the utilities are, you can have all you want.

Timmy

Legendary member
You might ask before you take the flags. Once they are done digging and no longer need to know where the utilities are, you can have all you want.
There have been flags on a street next to mine for over a year. I think they are done with them by now.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
There have been flags on a street next to mine for over a year. I think they are done with them by now.
I'm my part of the world, they would have a lot of rust, being outside for a year. Not worth picking up.

Timmy

Legendary member
I'm my part of the world, they would have a lot of rust, being outside for a year. Not worth picking up.
maybe but its worth a shot. I could file or sand the rust off. Or maybe I could just find newer ones I guess but that street is the only place I know I can find them. I could go biking and hunt for more. That could be fun!

BATTLEAXE

Legendary member
Everybody has their preferences and i thought that too. But they are lighter then the music wire, easier to work with. And just as effective. Cant beat the price either

Timmy

Legendary member
Everybody has their preferences and i thought that too. But they are lighter then the music wire, easier to work with. And just as effective. Cant beat the price either
They are a bit thick for my servos and I don't want to drill a bigger hole.