Put screws on servos!

Vimana89

Legendary member
I took my simple stick out for a flight today. I flew for about 10 minutes. Then as I came in to land, My ailerons stopped working and I was turning base to final.
I checked the crash site and found that my aileron servo horn came off midflight! PUT SCREWS ON SERVOS!:mad:
This is something I used to overlook a lot, and it sure screwed me on a number of occasions(pun intended):ROFLMAO:

Arcfyre

Elite member
I had almost the same thing happen on the maiden of my biplane. I used the incorrect screw (too short) to secure the control horn. Servo and aileron tested fine on the ground, but the horn slipped loose when load was applied to the surface. I was exceptionally lucky that I got the plane down without damaging it.

Vimana89

Legendary member
I have a little pebble stuck in my motor that I cannot get out for the life of me!:LOL:
Try using a can of computer duster/canned air to blast it free and any other dust or grit. If that doesn't work, maybe prod it with a length of wire or push rod.

ScratchBuildMast

Elite member
I took my simple stick out for a flight today. I flew for about 10 minutes. Then as I came in to land, My ailerons stopped working and I was turning base to final.
I checked the crash site and found that my aileron servo horn came off midflight! PUT SCREWS ON SERVOS!:mad:
Ahhh, tough luck, man...