putting Tutor together

Bdefilippo

I flew the Simple Stick for a year and decided to retire it. Having fun looking at the FT Youtubes!
Bought the FT Tutor as my second FT plane.
On Josh's videos for building the Tutor, he did not say how to link the steering for the tricycle gear setup. Anyone have ideas?
Thanks

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
I flew the Simple Stick for a year and decided to retire it. Having fun looking at the FT Youtubes!
On Josh's videos for building the Tutor, he did not say how to link the steering for the tricycle gear setup. Anyone have ideas?
Thanks

The nose gear on the Tutor is a caster, and isn't servo controlled.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Back in the glow fuse days, we attached the steerable nose wheel to the firewall and steered it with the rudder servo. With a power pod, you need to modify the install. You could attach the nose wheel to the back side of the firewall and steer it with a separate servo in the power pod. Or you could drop the power pod and do it the old school way.

Last edited:

Bdefilippo

Addicted- what is a caster?
Merv- I like the idea of a separate servo linked to the rudder servo. Still have to modify to attach a control arm to the front wheel.
Thanks

Tench745

Master member
Addicted- what is a caster?
Merv- I like the idea of a separate servo linked to the rudder servo. Still have to modify to attach a control arm to the front wheel.
Thanks
A caster, like the front wheels on a shopping cart. They just swivel to allow the wheel to point in the direction it's going.

bisco

Elite member
on the aeroscout, they put a double arm on the servo, with a rod going back to the rudder from one end, and a rod going to the nose wheel from the other

trickierwizati_F

Such training is always useful. Even for those who are already pros. I needed to do a practical assignment in college on just this topic. I then found writing service and used https://edubirdie.com/ for this. This served me as a theory. I did everything else myself. But I also watched a lot of training videos on YouTube.
Thanks
Thanks, I'll take a look

Last edited: