Pylon racing with extras.

awalsh134

Challengenge:

1. Set up a pylon racing course of a reasonable size (more than two pylons.)
2. Measure out about 5-6 feet of streamer.
3. Cut the streamer down the middle (so its half as wide.)
4. Attach one half streamer to the back of any ultra micro of your choosing.
5. Attach the other half streamer to another ultra micro.
6. Continue as if it where it was a normal pylon race, but...
You can try to cut the other person's streamer so that they loose points.

Point system:
Everyone starts with 0 points
If you cut the other person's streamer, they loose a point, and you gain 2 points.
For every lap you come in first, you gain a point.
If you hit a pylon or crash, you loose 2 points.
The first to X points wins. (You all decide on the number.)
For extra points: crash the opponent by colliding with them (you must remain in the air.)-extra 2 points.

mjmccarron

Sounds like a lot of fun. I might point out, I've been flying combat for several years (just for fun, no competition) and I have found that clipping a 30ft streamer on a bloody wonder is difficult at best. I can see a 5 or 6ft streamer on a UMX might be nearly impossible. But, I'm willing to give it a try. Anyone in the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA area care to join me?

awalsh134

Streamers

Sounds like a lot of fun. I might point out, I've been flying combat for several years (just for fun, no competition) and I have found that clipping a 30ft streamer on a bloody wonder is difficult at best. I can see a 5 or 6ft streamer on a UMX might be nearly impossible. But, I'm willing to give it a try. Anyone in the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA area care to join me?

The only reason that I said 5-6 food streamers is because ultra micros probably can't handle longer streamers.
You could probably use bigger streamers with bigger planes.

mjmccarron

I agree. Much more than 5 or 6 ft would be a substantial load on the plane. I tend to overpower my stuff so I might just have to give a micro a try. Still, I really like the idea!