Pylon - Redbull style?

Mik3

Mr. Gee Bee
So I have seen a few videos of people doing the pylon racing with rarebears basically in a circle at a gazillion mph wearing hard hats, but what I want to know is if people do the actual pylon racing Redbull style? I just picked up a Gee Bee R3 from HK and I have a huge field I am wanting to try this in - slowly at first of course. Anyone do this or have video of this being done?

redbull pylon.jpg

I haven't seen any but I'd be interested in taking my FT Racer and setting up some sticks or something to use as a pylon and giving it a try. Definitely slowly at first since i'm still pretty much a nooby pilot..

GBG

The only real problem with the ft racer is the rudder dosent have the authority needed to pull off the knife edge. There are things you can do to over come the weak rudder just increase the size and it holds knife edge loads better. To get the most out of a course you would want to set up diffrent gates for the loops and turnarounds. Make a flight plane to use the same gates with a diffrent path. I know I will be useing the ribbon to set up gates the only problem is wind moving the balloons around. If anyone has a fix for let us know.

Team_Monkey

They did this at E-fest back in 2010. Some pylons had to be on a knife edge, others inverted or do a loop in between a section, etc.... But I couldn't find a video of that one. Here's a
vid from 2012

When the competition pilots do it, they haul booty!

jayz 84

Posted a thousand or more times
I have for some time now thinking about how i can build a pylon course for all my hotrod. I really want to now aft i just finished my beta swappable MXS-R. And see how she handles it

samman31

So I have seen a few videos of people doing the pylon racing with rarebears basically in a circle at a gazillion mph wearing hard hats, but what I want to know is if people do the actual pylon racing Redbull style? I just picked up a Gee Bee R3 from HK and I have a huge field I am wanting to try this in - slowly at first of course. Anyone do this or have video of this being done?

View attachment 21886

I've done it in my dads field and all I can say is make sure you aren't near any public roads or paths and if you are flying line of sight it is very difficult with depth perception but flying fpv it is great fun especially with a few mates crashes are often but spectacular