PZ MKIX Spitfire

TLMARK

Just thought I'd share a few of pix of my PZ Spitfire with modifed cockpit and new paint.

Lardenburk_003_01.jpg

Lardenburk_001_02.jpg

nearly2_008.jpg

nearly2_017.jpg

nearly2_013.jpg

nearly2_009.jpg

fred0000

the spitfire has been my favorite war plane eversince I was a little boy, this looks amazing, very nice work.
the pilot looks great.

WarbirdFan66

@TLMARK - awesome work man, i really love your spit, specially the pilot, excelent mod man :applause: , may i ask were you got the pilot, or is that one homemade? I also like the prop, so much better the the stock one, also were did you get that one, would love to outfit my spit with a 4-bladed one too, looking for sometime for a fitting one :p

WarbirdFan66

PZ Spitfire taxing on grass

How well does it roll on grass?

We have a very bumpy and very uneven field here in berlin, so i had to change the rake of the gear a little to prevent her from nosing over. If you like (and dont mind my germish) take a look at my video...i put the link below..anyway TLMARK is right, it is a very nice flying plane, not to mention it looks great - one of my favorites :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChHQk3eebd4&list=UUqZvOHU2tIir_MHyvjKWj4w&index=8&feature=plcp

TLMARK

@TLMARK - awesome work man, i really love your spit, specially the pilot, excelent mod man :applause: , may i ask were you got the pilot, or is that one homemade? I also like the prop, so much better the the stock one, also were did you get that one, would love to outfit my spit with a 4-bladed one too, looking for sometime for a fitting one :p

The prop is a escale 9.5x11 variable pitch turned down to 6" pitch there is a bit of modding needed to get it to fit the stock spinner

bd368bcc.jpg

6d5cbf1d.jpg

WarbirdFan66

scale Spit

The prop is a escale 9.5x11 variable pitch turned down to 6" pitch there is a bit of modding needed to get it to fit the stock spinner

Thanks you,

:D it looked so different on your plane, i actually fly similar one on my P-47B, never thought it would fit on the Spit with the big hub and all, thanks man, very nice work. I will try that too.

TLMARK

I had a few people ask how I modded the E scale prop to fit the PZ Spitfire. so I took some pix of a second one I have just done

Drill the centre hole out to at least 8mm i went to 8.5mm. Then file both sides of the plastic hub like this.
9f0e4e12.jpg

be careful how you tighten the small screw that hold the hub together as they can crack the hub if you tighten to much.

and for the spinner i used a dremmel cutting disc to cut two extra slots for the blades.

0264f8c2.jpg

I set the pitch to the minimum of 6" with that it pulls around 35amps so you'll need a bigger ESC.