Q-Tee 250 by Willy Nillies

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Hi everyone,

We have a new kit that is going into production and will be available soon. The Q-Tee 250 has a 28" wingspan, 5" chord and weighs 6.5 oz ready to fly. 1306 quad motor, 5x3 prop, 2 cell 500 mAh battery.

This is a classic many of us flew years ago. We think we've capture the charm and flight character in a sub-250 gram NO FAA regulations model quite well. Please let us know what you think!

Turbojoe

Elite member
I still haven't gotten around to finishing up my full size Q-Tee but a little one might be nice to have too. Looking forward to your new releases.

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
It took some digging but I finally found my original Q-Tee kit. I swear the older I get the shorter my attention span gets. Everything (except the wing) is built, sanded and ready to cover. Heck there's even a Scorpion 2212-22 motor bolted to the firewall with a Scorpion 25 amp ESC in the fuse! Sometimes I just have to shake my head at how long I take to complete some of my builds. :rolleyes: It's now back in the build room.

Tomorrow I'll put some of the other builds I've been working on in mothballs and hopefully get the Q-Tee wing built. Like the Eaglet 50 and Eaglet 250 I think my original Q-Tee is going to need a "mini me" 250 version. I'm looking forward to the 250 kit availability. I promise to do this one with minimal mods. ;)

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
I keep forgetting to ask.....Is this rendition R.E.T. like the original or does it have ailerons? I'm pretty sure the reason I stopped the build on the original was that I couldn't decide if I just HAD to have ailerons. I've now decided it will not. It will be built without them and as originally designed.

Joe

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Hi Joe,

No ailerons on this one. Just rudder, elevator and throttle. Flat bottom airfoil also. 🙂

It was just a little bit on the nose heavy side. Going to slide 500 mAh battery back a little and try a 350. A 350 would loose almost 1/4 ounce also. That's slot on a little plane like this!

You'll love your full size original without ailerons!

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

TooJung2Die

Master member
Another great classic model airplane, Doug! This one seems to want a real Cox engine and 2 channel radio but all electric is just fine. Will it rudder roll?

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
This brings back memories as my first ever build was of the Q-Tee was from the plans supplied in the magazine. It was the latest edition at the time.

Recently I scratch built the cousin of the Q-Tee, the S-Tee from free plans on the internet and modified for ailerons. Sadly I gifted it away but not before I go a picture or two.

DSC_1490_edited-1.jpg

Have fun!

Willy Nillies

Elite member
Another great classic model airplane, Doug! This one seems to want a real Cox engine and 2 channel radio but all electric is just fine. Will it rudder roll?

Yes, it does the most beautiful barrel roll you may have ever seen! And spins like a top! :)

And yes, it is begging for a PeeWee .020 with throttle sleeve!

We should have kits ready in the next couple of weeks. Then S-Tee and Biplane versions. :)

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

Turbojoe

Elite member
Yes, it does the most beautiful barrel roll you may have ever seen! And spins like a top! :)

And yes, it is begging for a PeeWee .020 with throttle sleeve!

We should have kits ready in the next couple of weeks. Then S-Tee and Biplane versions. :)

Sincerely,
Doug and Becky
WillyNillies.com

Uh oh. I may have to wait for the biplane. That sounds like a fun one. Will it be called a B-Tee? :unsure:

Joe

Turbojoe

Elite member
I really shouldn't have stolen so much wood from my Q-Tee kit over the years. No trailing edge and no leading edge. The leading edge no problem. I can cut something to work. For the 1/4"v 1" x 36 trailing edge I'll either have to order it or wait until LHS's open for business again to see if any of them have anything useful in stock. It's most likely they will NOT......:(

Joe

speedbirdted

Legendary member
I really shouldn't have stolen so much wood from my Q-Tee kit over the years. No trailing edge and no leading edge. The leading edge no problem. I can cut something to work. For the 1/4"v 1" x 36 trailing edge I'll either have to order it or wait until LHS's open for business again to see if any of them have anything useful in stock. It's most likely they will NOT......:(

Joe
You can make trailing edge with a planer pretty easily. It's not efficient at all but it works if you'd rather not buy some.

Edit: I actually just checked. From BUSA a piece of 1/4x1x36 stick is actually 45 cents cheaper than a piece of 1/4x1x36 trailing stock. Guess it is after all...

Turbojoe

Elite member
You can make trailing edge with a planer pretty easily. It's not efficient at all but it works if you'd rather not buy some.

I have a few block planes but it's for certain I'd completely destroy several very long (and expensive) sections of usable balsa in the planing process. I'll just wait until I can buy what I actually need. While I'm waiting the Willy Nillies Q-Tee will likely have been released. I still think I'll wait for the biplane version however long it takes. I like bipes. I have way too many high wing, shoulder wing and low planes. I have way too few biplanes.........

Joe

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Did this kit get released? I see a couple folks on the facebook group have built them but I can't seem to find it on the website.