Qav500 Type Quad copter

jamiedco

Prop Killer
Hello all
im starting to build my new quad copter . the design is based on the qav500 . i want to use it for fpv and ariel footage . if requested i can share the plans . in dxf or sw or pdf . im using hobbykings dst1200 motors . woth ss 15/18 esc's that will be eflashed with simon k . the frame iss going to be cut from single sided pcb . i am also planning to use the copper to run the power to the esc's and the bec . i will be posting a build log . Untitled.png Untitled2.png Untitled3.png

jamiedco

Prop Killer
I haven't decided yet im going to see if i have enough alu laying around . other wise it will be wood .

jamiedco

Prop Killer
I flew last night . and jusst after take off the radio glitched . this caused a throttle cut and my baby plumited to the ground destroying my gopro. the gopro was 19 days old
IMAG0545.jpg

jamiedco

Prop Killer
the top button was forced in by the housing button . and it is not powering on anymore . im going to take a look at it tonight .
and the lenses are scratched . im lucky that a car did not ride over it coz i landed in the road .

jamiedco

Prop Killer
oh well the air frame is good . the motor shaft are slighty bent . it flys still . the gopro is a write off and the kk2 screen is broken . the kk2 works but the screen is blank .

UndCon

UndCon
OK - I also have a broken GoPro - scratched lens, electronics also bad....I got a new one and now I will replace it with HD3