Quad lipo charger anyone?

bwarz

Master member
With four of us flying, batteries go quick. Heading to Flitefest this year I thought maybe it might be easier with a quad port charger vs a dual and several singles. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences of what's available?

I'm leaning toward the Graupner S2007 (price and name) but there are others on the 'bay similarly priced as well as up to the 250usd range.

Thanks in advance!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
I have a quad port charger which I no longer use. It worked well until one port quit, then another. Rather than replacing my quad port charger, I ended up making my own from individual iMax B6 chargers, the cheaper 12v version.

In my first attempt I used the 120v version of the chargers. They worked, but managing all of the plugins for just 4 of them was a bit much. Currently I'm running 8 chargers from a single, independent, 12v power supply. I have them organized in 2 banks, 4 in each bank. I secured 4 to one board & 4 to another. All of the individual 12V supplies from a bank are soldered together into 1, XT60 plug. Then I installed two XT60's on my 12v power supply.

Now with just 3 plugins, I can run 8 chargers. An XT60 to each bank of chargers and one plug to the wall power. Everything fits into a large briefcase for transport. Not too bad.

I don't need to wait very long for batteries to charge. When one charger goes bad, I just grab another from the one or two extras I keep on hand. When they go on sale. I will buy replacements.

craigleach

With four of us flying, batteries go quick. Heading to Flitefest this year I thought maybe it might be easier with a quad port charger vs a dual and several singles. Anyone have any positive or negative experiences of what's available?

I'm leaning toward the Graupner S2007 (price and name) but there are others on the 'bay similarly priced as well as up to the 250usd range.

Thanks in advance!
I had a ToolkitRC M4Q four port charger and I loved it. It is AC and DC so easy to use at home or in the field. Unfortunately, one of the ports failed after 3 months of usage. After researching this failure I found that it is a common failure and decided not to replace it.

Craig