Quad not taking off, Help requested!!!

Jacs1300

Hello. I decided to build a quadcopter for my school personal project and I’ve successfully built a 215mm Quad using the components listed below.....but the problem is the drone won’t lift off even at full throttle
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
. I’ve checked to see if my props are on the right way and my motors are spinning correctly. I’d appreciate some help pleasee

Attachments

• Drone Components V2.pdf
    328.2 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
All looks okay on the specs. Silly question, have you checked your motors are spinning in the correct directions?
Assuming you are running betaflight, what have to set the ESC communications to D300/D600?

Jacs1300

All looks okay on the specs. Silly question, have you checked your motors are spinning in the correct directions?
Assuming you are running betaflight, what have to set the ESC communications to D300/D600?
Thanks for replying, yes I have checked that they spin in the right directions...I am using betaflight, Can you please run me through the ESC communications?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Looks like you have ripped up your receiver aerial , you may have some range and radio connection issues. Don't leave the aerials loose, they get sucked up into the props and that's a bad day :(

Jacs1300

Thanks I’ll make thee adjustments and get back to you....Is it possible if I can get your email so as to get you more quickly? How can I fix the aerial?

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Thanks I’ll make thee adjustments and get back to you....Is it possible if I can get your email so as to get you more quickly? How can I fix the aerial?
I don't think that the aerial can be fixed in that receiver ...... I'd replace it but these quads tend to be flown close in so you may not have any issue.....in in doubt, do a range check.
Sorry, not giving out my email.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Is the lipo fully charged?

This isn't a question of weight.

ESCs will throttle down for you when they detect low voltage to prevent permanent damage to your lipo. Lipos die forever if you discharge them past <> 3v per cell.

Lipos ship with a 'storage' charge that won't fly your quad.

You have to fully charge a lipo before the ESCs will allow it to fly.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You can repair antennas as its the exposed core that is important.

Check the makers page for specs to be sure but 2.4ghz is usually 31.5mm exposed from shielding.

After making sure your battery is fully charged redo the throttle calibration if not using dshot protocols.

If using spectrum gear make sure to set travel adjustments to 147% so you will get full resolution when properly setting up end points @ 1000us lowest and 2000us highest.

Jacs1300

You can repair antennas as its the exposed core that is important.

Check the makers page for specs to be sure but 2.4ghz is usually 31.5mm exposed from shielding.

After making sure your battery is fully charged redo the throttle calibration if not using dshot protocols.

If using spectrum gear make sure to set travel adjustments to 147% so you will get full resolution when properly setting up end points @ 1000us lowest and 2000us highest.
Much appreciated, I’ll work on that

Jacs1300

Is the lipo fully charged?

This isn't a question of weight.

ESCs will throttle down for you when they detect low voltage to prevent permanent damage to your lipo. Lipos die forever if you discharge them past <> 3v per cell.

Lipos ship with a 'storage' charge that won't fly your quad.

You have to fully charge a lipo before the ESCs will allow it to fly.
The lipo was fully charged at maiden flight attempt