Quad props rotating inwards.

Bricks

Master member
I am not all the quad savvy fly and have fun with them but serously just Tiny Whoop races....... Who here has a quad with the props rotating inwards on both sides what do you notice flying it. Is there a big difference in the way the quad handles what does it improve or take away from? I have a friend who will build a Toothpick for me and trying to decide which is a better route if any.

man-bot

Mine rotate two front motors into center of quad, same in rear. This is standard set up.

Some racers run motors the opposite,
way because prop strikes push away from a gate rather then suck them in.

Ill be swapping to that method as well here over winter as I do my teardowns for cleaning and repainting.

Some say there is a slight performance boost but thrust is thrust and racers arent dropping into their own prop wash at those speeds.

If your new to quads and or building keep it simple and stick with default rotations as it will be less confusing as well as safer.

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
I run props in. Not tried running props out, if it was really better then that would be the way everyone ran their props.

man-bot

I run props in. Not tried running props out, if it was really better then that would be the way everyone ran their props.

A good portion of racers and more and more freestylers are changing over. Less damage on blade strikes.

The only drawback is it throws all the grass and gunk into the center sides on the flight controller.

Reactions: FDS