Quad receiver

CAFlyer387

I'm thinking of building a quad. I have absolutely no clue what to use for the receiver. I'm using the SP F3 flight controller, but I have no idea how to set it up with any spektrum receiver. I have a dx6i (dsmx). I'm also a complete newbie at building quads, so if someone could show me how the electronics work or a diagram of some sort, that would really be appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

French

Construire Voler S'écraser Répéter
I don't run Spektrum, but this may help.

It is a bit dated (use betaflight instead of cleanflight, etc)

JimCR120

Got Lobstah?
Site Moderator
What I would recommend then is the Spektrum receiver (SPM4648) available for ~$25 at many vendors, hobby shops, the FT Store, and of course Horizon Hobby. I have one for my tricopter and another for my Gremlin.

Some receivers need to be bound as explained in the video above but the receiver I'm recommending auto-binds (though you might have to initiate it a couple times).

You might have to modify the cable depending on your setup but I suspect that would be the case for whichever receive you choose.
image.jpeg

Last edited:

CAFlyer387

How does it transmit 6+ channels with only 1 signal wire?
Anyway, I'm going with that receiver or the lemon rx, would the lemon rx work?
One last thing: I'm soldering it to UART 3 on my F3, except for the power, which I'll be soldering to the 3.3V pad. Does that sound about right?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Spektrum satellites use a serial protocol to communicate, rather than PWM used in planes etc. This allows up to 16 channels over one wire, with a lot less latency than PWM.

You have the connections correct, and yes the LemonRx satellites work fairly well. Be sure to get the diversity model though, I believe the part number is LM037.

TazRC

Obsession, not hobby
How does it transmit 6+ channels with only 1 signal wire?
Anyway, I'm going with that receiver or the lemon rx, would the lemon rx work?
One last thing: I'm soldering it to UART 3 on my F3, except for the power, which I'll be soldering to the 3.3V pad. Does that sound about right?

Hello, to help answer the 1-wire serial receiver question, here are a few short reads:

I’ve had good luck with Lemon Rx satellites in an Emax Babyhawk and Shuriken 180 Pro. I highly recommend them.

Good luck with your build!