quad twirl build

junyper

Hi there,

I am a fan of gyro's, so I loved the twin twirl episode, I was thinking why not build a quad twirl!?

Has it been done before? is it possible? that's all, just a passing thought. If so I would love to see it!

thanks.

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Hm I don't know man... Sure it's fun! But: how about a 'regular' autogyro first? They could start with the HK auto-g(2), and explain how autogyros work. Then some fun stuff could be next :)

Check out my "homebuilt' autogyro (basically FT fuse, HK head): shameless plug.

Montiey

Master Tinkerer
Hi there,

I am a fan of gyro's, so I loved the twin twirl episode, I was thinking why not build a quad twirl!?

Has it been done before? is it possible? that's all, just a passing thought. If so I would love to see it!

thanks.

Hmm.. I thought about this, and realized that the Twin Twirl uses those blades that spin in the wind where the wing normally would be. Heres my idea: one wing means two wing halfs, and that means two blades. For balances sake, a "biplane" with two blades above each other might work.

junyper

thanks for the replies,

exactly, the unpowered prop's replace the wings.

So in my mind, I picture it, to resemble loosely a quad (H) copter with 4 unpowered prop's, an additional powered prop on the front or back and control surfaces.

@stay-fun; I love the use of the power pack there! pure ingenious simplicity!

stay-fun

Helicopter addict
Thanks man!

Hm yeah, a coaxial might indeed be the way to go, I wonder how that would turn out! :cool: