Quad

Rcjim11

I am currently build a mini quad an shave come to the point of ESC installation. Do I have to remove the red wire from three of the four rx plugs? (Turnigy Plush)
Thanks

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
Yes you do! Otherwise you´ll have 3 times the amount of current passing through your control board and then it needs to and that is not good! The best thing you can do is:
if you look closely at those BEC plugs you can see that there are three black pins holding the golden part inside. if you just lift up the one of the red wire (i believe it is the middle one) then pull out the red wire you will have the complete golden plug with your wire out of the plug and for any other need in future available again without soldering and cutting. I hope you got what I mean.

Trinom

Crazy electrician
No, you don't have to. It's not necessary. Plush ESCs use switched step-down converters which are designed to work this way.

Last edited:

colorex

Rotor Riot!
Mentor
Well, I don't know if it's got anything to do with it, but only Plush 40 and up are switching BEC's, the rest are linear.

Trinom

Crazy electrician
Linear stabilizers are even more OK. It's common practice to use more stablizers parallelly if you need more current draw. In fact, only one works (that one with the highest voltage), others don't work until the voltage drops to their upper voltage limit.

Rcjim11

Thanks!
I have connected up the motors and done a calibration and they work fine except one. On low throttle 3 of the 4 motors spin up fine, however this one only moves around. It takes up to half throttle before it actually starts to move. Then can proceed to spin at a lower throttle, however does not seem to be spinning as fast as the rest. They are all on the same timing mode. Is it possible for that motor to be getting less power than the rest?

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
You might want to set the throttle end point with all 4 ESC´s so they are all lined up with the radio so that the same signal gives you the same speed for each ESC

Rcjim11

Don't worry it wasn't that. It seems to be a KK software issue but apparently it works during flight? I have my new quad nearly ready so I will test tomorrow.