Help! Quadcopter motors not spinning at same time.

Sasikanth T

Hi. I'm a beginner and this is my first activity in this forum. And this is my first ever RC build.

I made a quadcopter using:
APM 2.8 flight controller,
10x4.5 props,
1400KV BLDC,
simonK 30 amps ESC,
ublox neo 7m GPS with compass.
And the radio system is flysky ct6b. Everything probably an entry level component.

MY ISSUE IS, WHEN I PUSH THE THROTTLE UP, ONE MOTOR STARTS SPINNING, WHEN I INCREASE THROTTLE A BIT MORE, ANOTHER MOTOR STARTS SPINNING AND IN THE SAME WAY WHEN I GIVE ABOUT 40 - 50 % THROTTLE ALL START SPINNING. SO ALL MOTORS DON'T SPIN AT THE SAME TIME AT THE SAME THROTTLE LEVEL. My entire system is fully calibrated and sensors are also set perfectly. All of this is done in APM Mission Planner. This is my only issue.

Please help me with this issue.
IMG_20180721_203144.jpg
IMG_20180721_203153.jpg
IMG_20180721_203213.jpg
IMG_20180721_203225.jpg
IMG_20180721_203320.jpg
IMG_20180721_203355.jpg

PlaY80

Hi and wellcome to the forums :) . Even if I hate quad's ... Ardupilot has many modes make sure you are on quad setup, make sure that rx-tx is setup ok and the receiver is "speaking" with the Arduino . But first do a throttle range setup on all your esc's. It sounds like they start off sync. Nice build for a "first setup". Good luck and keep it up.

Last edited:

Sasikanth T

Hi and wellcome to the forums :) . Even if I hate quad's ... Ardupilot has many modes make sure you are on quad setup, make sure that rx-tx is setup ok and the receiver is "speaking" with the Arduino . But first do a throttle range setup on all your esc's. It sounds like they start off sync. Nice build for a "first setup". Good luck and keep it up.
Thanks for the appreciation mate :). Yeah, the motors don't start in sync. And what is that throttle range setup on ESCs? How to do it?

Sasikanth T

Definitely seems like your ESC's need to be calibrated through the FC.
FC? You mean ESCs have to be calibrated through the Mission Planner? I tried doing that but it gives a message saying "Set param error. Please ensure your version is AC3.3+". So how to update the firmware to version 3.3 or more?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I've never actually played with APM or mission planner, but the procedure is pretty simple. First, remove the props. Somewhere in your software you should be able to manually control the motors, hopefully all at once. With the battery disconnected, set the motors to max and plug in the battery. After the beeping stops, set the motors to minimum and wait for the beeping to stop. That's it :)

Sasikanth T

I've never actually played with APM or mission planner, but the procedure is pretty simple. First, remove the props. Somewhere in your software you should be able to manually control the motors, hopefully all at once. With the battery disconnected, set the motors to max and plug in the battery. After the beeping stops, set the motors to minimum and wait for the beeping to stop. That's it :)
Tried it dude. Still the same issue. :/ When I power on the tx and then rx, after the initial beeps the ESCs give for about 3 seconds, I arm the system. After arming, all the motors should spin at same speed when I start giving the throttle. Is there anything to do with parameters?

PlaY80

1.remove props 2. Remove battery from drone 3. Remote power on and throttle full up and keep it like that 4. Plug in battery to drone (and switch on) - at this point you will hear some sounds 5. At the remote throttle down. The sounds you hear should be found in ESC manual . This is a generic ESC procedure and it may be different on your ESC. The best bet is to remove the ardupilot unit out of the question and do this with rx-tx only . There is a video made by fl team on YouTube about this.

Sasikanth T

1.remove props 2. Remove battery from drone 3. Remote power on and throttle full up and keep it like that 4. Plug in battery to drone (and switch on) - at this point you will hear some sounds 5. At the remote throttle down. The sounds you hear should be found in ESC manual . This is a generic ESC procedure and it may be different on your ESC. The best bet is to remove the ardupilot unit out of the question and do this with rx-tx only . There is a video made by fl team on YouTube about this.
I did that. Calibrating the ESCs manually using tx and rx only - no APM at all this time. Still the same issue. But hey, I actually burned up an ESC a few days ago. I bought a new one to replace it. And this new one is 30 amps as it should be but not simonK make. So its like three of the ESCs are of simonK 30 amps, and the other replaced one is other make 30 amps. Could this be the issue? Does brand make the difference?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The ESC's need to be calibrated to the FC as that is where they get their signal from. Mixing and matching ESC's should be fine, as long as they all use the same protocol and are calibrated together.

PlaY80

The ESC's need to be calibrated to the FC as that is where they get their signal from. Mixing and matching ESC's should be fine, as long as they all use the same protocol and are calibrated together.
True , but he should do it without FC to rull out any unit/ESC damage . It's not first time wen they ship them broken.

Er satyajit

Hi. I'm a beginner and this is my first activity in this forum. And this is my first ever RC build.

I made a quadcopter using:
APM 2.8 flight controller,
10x4.5 props,
1400KV BLDC,
simonK 30 amps ESC,
ublox neo 7m GPS with compass.
And the radio system is flysky ct6b. Everything probably an entry level component.

MY ISSUE IS, WHEN I PUSH THE THROTTLE UP, ONE MOTOR STARTS SPINNING, WHEN I INCREASE THROTTLE A BIT MORE, ANOTHER MOTOR STARTS SPINNING AND IN THE SAME WAY WHEN I GIVE ABOUT 40 - 50 % THROTTLE ALL START SPINNING. SO ALL MOTORS DON'T SPIN AT THE SAME TIME AT THE SAME THROTTLE LEVEL. My entire system is fully calibrated and sensors are also set perfectly. All of this is done in APM Mission Planner. This is my only issue.

Please help me with this issue. View attachment 110897 View attachment 110898 View attachment 110899 View attachment 110900 View attachment 110901 View attachment 110902
Dont worry
Once calibrate ur esc
After that restart ur drone and tx
Switch to stebilize mode
Go to the open spaces
Then fly in this stebilize mode if drone fly then it ok.
U use sminok esc only
Dont use yellow type esc
Use a vibrator damper in ur flight controller.
Don't rap on the frame by tie band.
If don't have any vibretor damper use soft fome it will give a better and stable fly