quadcopter recommendations?

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Hi,

My brother and I are planning to get a couple of quadcopter's so we can crank around the house when it is all wet and snowy outside. We want something that is small like the Inductrix and has ducted blades so we can bounce off walls without damaging the blades. The Inductrix is a little to expensive or else we would get it.

I was looking at the JJRC H36 because it is cheap, it has ducted blades and it is RTF.

Just wondering what your thoughts are about the H36 and if you have any other recommendations.

Thank you.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
Well...They're cheap, I'll give you that. Me personally? I hate the controller that this thing comes with. I've got one that's VERY similar from a Propel drone my wife bought me for Christmas; it feels incredibly hard to control in my adult sized hands.

I know the Inductrix drones are a bit more expensive, but I'll be honest that they fly pretty darned good, and you can use a real transmitter (Spektrum for the true Inductrix, or you can go Frsky or DSMX/Spektrum with NewBeeDrone's Acrobees) to fly them.

But, at $13, it's not a terrible price for those...I'd say to go for it in the purchase, but at the same time, don't expect it to have the same acro abilities that the Inductrix/TinyWhoop drones have.

Oh, and another word of caution, whether you fly this or Inductrixes around your house - keep the toilet lids down while flying! :)

CrazyFastFlying

Elite member
Well...They're cheap, I'll give you that. Me personally? I hate the controller that this thing comes with. I've got one that's VERY similar from a Propel drone my wife bought me for Christmas; it feels incredibly hard to control in my adult sized hands.

I know the Inductrix drones are a bit more expensive, but I'll be honest that they fly pretty darned good, and you can use a real transmitter (Spektrum for the true Inductrix, or you can go Frsky or DSMX/Spektrum with NewBeeDrone's Acrobees) to fly them.

But, at $13, it's not a terrible price for those...I'd say to go for it in the purchase, but at the same time, don't expect it to have the same acro abilities that the Inductrix/TinyWhoop drones have.

Oh, and another word of caution, whether you fly this or Inductrixes around your house - keep the toilet lids down while flying! :)

Yeah, I'm not expecting it to be like the inductrix. My brother and I just want a cheap quadcopter so we can fly together and have competitions sometimes. We'll probably pickup a few extra batteries too.

iFly4Fun

For about $19 (Amazon) the Furibee F36 or Helifor F36 (they are the same) are great little machines. I have purchased a variety of brands and have several F36s. First, the F36 frame is sturdier and will survive longer than the JJRC H36 or Eachine E010 (I have all of these and the frames do break). The motors also appear stronger (they handle the weight of a camera better). Finally, they are the most stable right out of the box even without trim. Yes, the transmitter (radio controller) may not be the best, but you can put gimble stick extensions on it and then it works pretty good (you can buy these or make them from dowel pins or plastic stand offs; one inch works pretty good, but I also have 1 1/4 inch on one transmitter).
F36 and Transmitter (0001a.jpg

Last edited:

iFly4Fun

If you want a pocket rocket with a camera on it, the Makerfire Armor 65 Lite is sweet. It comes with a transmitter that is better than the cheaper 65mm quads and the FPV antenna is flexible so it wont break off. For about $ 50-60 (depends where you buy it), you get the quad with camera attached and a pretty decent transmitter. Also, it uses the Bayang protocol, so you can upgrade to a better transmitter (such as the Jumper T12) if you want. Personally, the standard transmitter works for me.

I will say, however, that it is more challenging to control due to the performance aspect...it is FAST. F36 to learn, Armor 65 Lite to burn.

Yes, I switched to 2 blade props for longer battery life (this works for every quad that I have tested. Average 30 -45 seconds longer).

Amor 65 Lite w Transmitter (0001aa.jpg