Help! Quadcopter Unarm or unresponsive after Short Takeoff

GuardianVex

My quadcopter is Eachine QX95 , Reciever is X6B and the transmitter is FS I6 . I am facing a problem ,where when I throttle , the drone make a brief takeoff and then just lands and gets unarmed automatically and I had to arm again and again and again and all I am getting is a short 5-10 cm takeoff from the ground and then just stops , and the battery is also at full charge . And by the way this did not happen at maiden flight , the drone was Ok for a week and then recently this problem came up .

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Are you using FPV goggles? If so, turn on all of BetaFlight’s warnings in your OSD so you can see why BetaFlight is disarming it.

GuardianVex

Are you using FPV goggles? If so, turn on all of BetaFlight’s warnings in your OSD so you can see why BetaFlight is disarming it.
No , no Fpv Goggles are being used , and for one flight it took off but it was wobbling like hell but it was easy to control , but the wobble was too much . No FPV goggles

CappyAmeric

Elite member
No , no Fpv Goggles are being used , and for one flight it took off but it was wobbling like hell but it was easy to control , but the wobble was too much . No FPV goggles
Without being able to see what BetaFlight is doing in your OSD on goggles, you are going to have to troubleshoot in the dark. Since this just started, the first place I would look is for a solder joint to have cracked or a wire to have been damaged. Look at every solder joint and wire going into the flight controller board.

For wobbling, also check for cracks in the frame and damaged props.

GuardianVex

Without being able to see what BetaFlight is doing in your OSD on goggles, you are going to have to troubleshoot in the dark. Since this just started, the first place I would look is for a solder joint to have cracked or a wire to have been damaged. Look at every solder joint and wire going into the flight controller board.

For wobbling, also check for cracks in the frame and damaged props.
No damaged props or drone frame . I found something else too , when I hold the drone in my hand and throttle , it throttles normally with no unarm issue but when it is on the ground or surface it throttle and liftsoff for 5-10 cm and just unarms , this is not happening when I do it while holding the drone and just throttling normally with the transmitter .And another thing is when I put the drone upside down the throttle and unarm issue is not there it works nomally only thing is its upside down. No damage or solder issues

Last edited:

CappyAmeric

Elite member
No damaged props or drone frame . I found something else too , when I hold the drone in my hand and throttle , it throttles normally with no unarm issue but when it is on the ground or surface it throttle and liftsoff for 5-10 cm and just unarms , this is not happening when I do it while holding the drone and just throttling normally with the transmitter .And another thing is when I put the drone upside down the throttle and unarm issue is not there it works nomally only thing is its upside down. No damage or solder issues
Holding it in your hand as opposed to stationary on the ground is not a good test since in your hand the gyro is active.

GuardianVex

Holding it in your hand as opposed to stationary on the ground is not a good test since in your hand the gyro is active.
I still can't solve this issue , I found out that without the props the drone throttles normally , any idea on that , with props on the drone is undergoing the mentioned problem .Any idea how to solve this . I cant initialise the blackbox because there is no sd card slot.And that to it only goes to a certain altitude .Is there any work around using Betaflight or any calibaration .And with low throttle it just throttle automatically to max and just falls and unarms (The problem metioned above )

Last edited:

CappyAmeric

Elite member
Yes, you definitely need to connect to BetaFlight. The things to check there are gyro orientation (make sure as you move the quad the animation correctly shows up, down, left, right, and yaw etc.)

GuardianVex

Yes, you definitely need to connect to BetaFlight. The things to check there are gyro orientation (make sure as you move the quad the animation correctly shows up, down, left, right, and yaw etc.)
Everything is set in Beta Flight and with the settings that worked previously

GuardianVex

Everything is in good condition , only problem is the take off , Like I mentioned above that is the only problem that is keeping the drone from flying