Quadcopter Will Not Lift Help!!! Using SunnySky 4108 380kv Motors Only 2086.52 grams

NewQuadGuy

P7191144_001.jpg

Hi,

I have built a Hobby King X650F quadcopter. The total build weighs 2086.52 grams or 2.08652 kg or 4.6 lbs. I can't seem to get the quad off the ground. My parts are as follows:

HK x650f frame
4 x Sunnysky 4108s 380kv
Emax 40amp Ubec ESCs
5000 mah 3s 30c battery - I combined 2 of these battery for 22v 6s and still no lift, It was to though
4000 mah 3s 60c battery - I wants to lift..........nothing
1045 props - no lift not sure on pitch
1245 props - no lift
SJ4000 w/gimbal
APM 2.6

So, I got the Sunnysky 4108 380kv to lift the quad b/c I knew I would be adding stuff on it they may add weight. I guess I was in a hurry to get the quad built and I thought I had did enough research, but I guess I was wrong. Based off of the above info..........to get in the air (not racing, just slow for videos) what do I need? After further research I'm leaning towards the Sunnysky 3508 kv700..........or, What props would you recommend for the 4108 380kv? Oh, I forgot to mention that this is my 2nd quad. The first quad was the knockoff qav250 so, I'm aware of the rotation and prop position.

Again, Can I get different props for the current motor and what pitch(not really clear on pitch) or do I need the Sunnysky 3508 with the higher 700kv?

Thanks

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
You should have plenty of power using a 2x3S series pack (it is wired in series, right?) -- all that's listed there shouldn't be all that heavy.

Silly "let's get the obvious out of the way" question: Have you calibrated the ESCs?

NewQuadGuy

You should have plenty of power using a 2x3S series pack (it is wired in series, right?) -- all that's listed there shouldn't be all that heavy.

Silly "let's get the obvious out of the way" question: Have you calibrated the ESCs?

Thanks for your reply! Yes, the batteries were in series. I calibrated the ESCs all at once with the APM 2.6. I have no problem doing them again. Do I need to do them separately or does it matter? Even with the 3s 60c it seemed like it wanted to lift.

NewQuadGuy

Thanks for your reply! Yes the batteries were in series. I calibrated the ESCs with the APM 2.6 all at once. I can recalibrate them again if you think I need to.

NewQuadGuy

Thanks for your reply Craftydan! Yes, the batteries were in series. I calibrated the all of the ESCs at once with the APM 2.6. Do you think I need to recalibrate them? This is my 3rd time writing this reply and I don't really understand.......A message briefly saying it has to be approved I think.........not sure why though........