QUANUM CYCLOPS FPV GOGGLES

alex_diener_6

I am looking to buy a pair of quanum cyclops fpv goggles and I was wondering if there was a way to be able to record the down link from the goggles so I can go back and watch the footage. How would I be able to do that? Please help.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
As far as I can tell there is no external AV out. You may be able to hack it and get one. It does not include an SD DVR either. You wil have to buy one of those separately.

You can always use a secondary RX and DVR to do that but it is less convenient.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
Or forgo trying to record your FPV output and instead mount a dedicated and lightweight recording camera in addition to your FPV camera. Depending on your style of flying and aircraft, you might even get a recording camera to act as both if lag/responsiveness isn't a concern.

pressalltheknobs

Posted a thousand or more times
Yeah but the advantage of the goggle side recording is it helps you find a lost model...and your lost camera. And it records the OSD telemetry for diagnosis. It's not really a replacement for an on board Action cam which will record HD up to 60fps

alex_diener_6

Or forgo trying to record your FPV output and instead mount a dedicated and lightweight recording camera in addition to your FPV camera. Depending on your style of flying and aircraft, you might even get a recording camera to act as both if lag/responsiveness isn't a concern.

Good idea however, I was asking this question because I am looking to build a tiny whoop and I wanted to record my flights.

alex_diener_6

As far as I can tell there is no external AV out. You may be able to hack it and get one. It does not include an SD DVR either. You wil have to buy one of those separately.

Do you have any recommendations on which product to use?

Richmond2000

going this route you could also have a "passenger" monitor for friends/family and NOT be tethered to them

+ and NOT have a DVR+batt+cables hanging off your head

++ better reception if you are flying "tiny whoops" style around inside a home/ backyard with obstacles ETC