Question about FT Spear CG

duckduckgoose

Hi all, I've just recently finished my FT Spear build but before I maiden, I just need something clarified. On the plans there are two sets of CG markers on the underside of the fuselage. Why is this? Is it in case you use the optional centre fins and therefore change the CG? Or is it just that it is somewhere between the two? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in the build post or in the build video. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20191007_185908.jpg
    IMG_20191007_185908.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:

CarolineTyler

Legendary member
Hi all, I've just recently finished my FT Spear build but before I maiden, I just need something clarified. On the plans there are two sets of CG markers on the underside of the fuselage. Why is this? Is it in case you use the optional centre fins and therefore change the CG? Or is it just that it is somewhere between the two? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere in the build post or in the build video. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
According to the plans the CG should be between 3 to 3 1/2 inches from the front the wing. Aim for around the front of that range for your first flight.

duckduckgoose

Maiden was successful after a somewhere interesting launch, the throws were a little bit much but I wrestled it Under control (didn't pay attention to Aileron throw, only elevator)

IMG_20191012_143830-01.jpeg