Question about RC plane

LukeJ

(In advance sorry if I posted this on the wrong forum I'm new here)

I've made RC planes like flite test where one move of the joystick controls if one servo moves back and forth. However, I'm a bit stumped on how you make one joystick control 2 servos at the same time like in the ailerons when one servo moves up and the other server moves down. Can someone please post a video to help me. Thank you.

shadeyB

Legendary member
(In advance sorry if I posted this on the wrong forum I'm new here)

I've made RC planes like flite test where one move of the joystick controls if one servo moves back and forth. However, I'm a bit stumped on how you make one joystick control 2 servos at the same time like in the ailerons when one servo moves up and the other server moves down. Can someone please post a video to help me. Thank you.
Use a Y lead connector to the 2 servos 👍

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient
there are a few ways that can be done:
  • Y cable connecting both servos to the same channel (and positioning of the servos should handle the needed inversion in that case).
  • channel mixing on your TX (TX specific)
  • Flight Controller configuration
  • separate channel mixer/multiplier (basically a tiny computer with connectors that do the something of the above)

quorneng

Master member
Lukej
If you think about it both aileron servos do actually move the same way. It is just that in a wing they are positioned the opposite way round so what is down for one is up for the other. If you want two servos to move two control surfaces the same way, like wing flaps, they have to be positioned in the identical way in the wing rather than in opposition. It can look odd.