Question about the Flitetest 20a esc from Power Pack A and F.

Cayemera

I just got Power Pack A today and I was wondering why the esc has a male JST connector when the batteries are also male. Can I just snip the wires and replace it with a female connector?

Thanks in advance.

FDS

Elite member
Picture needed. DO NOT go cutting off wires yet.
If you have to change any connectors, always upgrade to XT30. JST is only rated 5A and isn’t a flight connector.

Cayemera

15883507541414202230501853157076.jpg

So just to clarify, that red JST RCY connector isn't used for flight?

Also sorry for asking so many questions this is my first time.

I have this battery:
https://store.flitetest.com/ecopower-electron-3s-lipo-30c-battery-11.1v-800mah-ecp-5126/p700390

Ketchup

4s mini mustang
I’m pretty sure that the jst does something else. Just plug your battery into the xt30 (if your battery has xt30 connectors).

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
That jst is for auxiliary power for FPV systems!!! it is regulated through the esc so you can power you VTX and camera through the flight pack... I wouldn’t snip it! could come in handy later.

See, I might've used that for powering LED lights, but the FPV system makes sense too...Which reminds me - I need to hook up the FPV system someone at the field sold me for my Nano Goblin!

Mr.Grinch

As stated above, the red jst can be used to power FPV or LED systems, which ever you choose. But be aware that it is regulated to 5v so whatever you want to power must be compatible and not require a 12v supply. Black connector goes to the receiver for throttle and yellow for the battery. Don’t cut anything off.

Airkaos

As stated above, the red jst can be used to power FPV or LED systems, which ever you choose. But be aware that it is regulated to 5v so whatever you want to power must be compatible and not require a 12v supply. Black connector goes to the receiver for throttle and yellow for the battery. Don’t cut anything off.

I would measure the output, am pretty sure battery power comes out of that jst. Measure it with a tester to be sure what voltage is coming from there, so you won’t burn something.