Questions About Spektrum and Crossfire

Xspense

Hey guys, so I'm looking into getting a new radio right now and something I really want is crossfire for my mini quads. As of right now, I'm flying on a DX6 and its been my baby for 2 years now. However, its time to upgrade and move on. Part of me wants to stick with Spektrum because I love the fell and know the software, but the biggest thing I want is Crossfire. So, I was going to get either a Horus X10S for FrSky and openTX or the Futaba 14SGH. I would want Futaba for the quality of the build and its known reliability, and I would get the X10S because it seems so slick and has a much higher build quality of the D9X. (If anyone has any preferences on radio selection please let me know below and why) Recently, however, I've seen people running crossfire with Spektrum DX9 Black's (this would be my upgrade if I kept to Spektrum). Previously I didn't think that was possible but now it seems so. So, what are the ups and downs of running Crossfire on Spektrum verses an open system like FrSky? Or, is it even possible to do?

Bricks

Master member
The DX9 comes with 11ms control response time which is faster the then either Graupner or FlySky if that is important to you. Some quad pilots notice the difference and some don`t especially on throttle response.

I really like Spektrum there service ease of use my DX9 coming from a DX6 Gen 2 has way more programing then I will ever need. Receivers are cheap 6 channel Lemons which are rock solid around $6 a piece. I was never to proud of Orange receivers guy`s at my club have been using the Orange Gen 2 and are really liking them, when on sale they can be bought for $13 for a 10 channel with telemetry pretty darn reasonable. I picked up 6 of the 10 channels and so far they have been solid.

Last edited:

Graupner USA

Graupner has standard 10ms on their AIR receivers and 3ms on their surface receivers. With the integrated small footprint Falcon 12 flight controller you have a solution for airplanes, flybarless helicopters and multirotor all for a great price.

The DX9 comes with 11ms control response time which is faster the then either Graupner or FlySky if that is important to you. Some quad pilots notice the difference and some don`t especially on throttle response.

I really like Spektrum there service ease of use my DX9 coming from a DX6 Gen 2 has way more programing then I will ever need. Receivers are cheap 6 channel Lemons which are rock solid around $6 a piece. I was never to proud of Orange receivers guy`s at my club have been using the Orange Gen 2 and are really liking them, when on sale they can be bought for $13 for a 10 channel with telemetry pretty darn reasonable. I picked up 6 of the 10 channels and so far they have been solid.

Bricks

Master member
Graupner has standard 10ms on their AIR receivers and 3ms on their surface receivers. With the integrated small footprint Falcon 12 flight controller you have a solution for airplanes, flybarless helicopters and multirotor all for a great price.

Thanks for the correction and info.

António Filipe

Hey guys, so I'm looking into getting a new radio right now and something I really want is crossfire for my mini quads. As of right now, I'm flying on a DX6 and its been my baby for 2 years now. However, its time to upgrade and move on. Part of me wants to stick with Spektrum because I love the fell and know the software, but the biggest thing I want is Crossfire. So, I was going to get either a Horus X10S for FrSky and openTX or the Futaba 14SGH. I would want Futaba for the quality of the build and its known reliability, and I would get the X10S because it seems so slick and has a much higher build quality of the D9X. (If anyone has any preferences on radio selection please let me know below and why) Recently, however, I've seen people running crossfire with Spektrum DX9 Black's (this would be my upgrade if I kept to Spektrum). Previously I didn't think that was possible but now it seems so. So, what are the ups and downs of running Crossfire on Spektrum verses an open system like FrSky? Or, is it even possible to do?

Attachments

• Spektrum-DX6-e-DX9-CrossFire-Connection.jpg
    Spektrum-DX6-e-DX9-CrossFire-Connection.jpg
    715.3 KB · Views: 0