Help! Questions about VTX Modules and how to know what goggles to pair with

lambsbreath

Hello, I'm just about to buy my first freestyle fpv drone and I had some questions about the VTX module and how to know what goggles to pair it with. I'm looking at the drone kit build on getfpv https://www.getfpv.com/fpv-quad-kits/diy-drone-kits/skystars-star-lord-228-5-arf-drone-kit-6s.html. This comes with the Cyclone 5804 Pro VTX and the 1200TVL Cam. I'm still learning all the components and its a little tricky knowing what pairs with what. I would like to go with the DJI V2 goggles and I'm assuming I need to upgrade the camera to support that but will the VTX work ? or will the camera also work with the V2 goggles. Sorry for the newbie questions just trying to figure this all out before I pull the trigger on everything.
Thanks in advance,
Lamby!

Burnhard

I believe the VTX in your drone is analog while the DJI goggles are digital. This won‘t work. Either you upgrade the VTX for a digital system (looks like the flight controller is DJI compatible) or you will need to go for analog goggles.

lambsbreath

I believe the VTX in your drone is analog while the DJI goggles are digital. This won‘t work. Either you upgrade the VTX for a digital system (looks like the flight controller is DJI compatible) or you will need to go for analog goggles.
ok, thank you that clears things up for me. So I guess does anyone have best recommendations for analog goggles? Is fatshark the go to? if so is it worth spending the extra few hundred on the better pairs?

Bricks

Master member
The better goggles will have OLED screens, just starting out I would not go crazy on what you get for goggles, until you have used and flown some FPV. There are differences in field of view some like a wide some like a narrow for different reasons. To start I would look at a cheap pair of box goggles, that is how I started and continue to use as they work great for me. Not the cool factor like Fatsharks and many others but gets the job done.