Questions on Motor and Propeller for Pizza Box Flying Wing...

Hey everyone, newbee here! I've built 2 FT SPK's - Explorer and Simple Scout. Now, I've constructed the body (wing) of the Pizza Box flying wing as shown in this article: https://www.flitetest.com/articles/flying-wing-made-from-a-cardboard-pizza-box

My question is about the motor and the prop. The links in the article no longer work, but I noticed in the build video that Josh installed a 3-bladed prop with three small holes in the center (see the attached photo). Do you need a special kind/brand of motor to mount such a prop? How do you do it? I'm confused.

Thanks for any help!
Screen Shot 2021-01-17 at 7.00.59 PM.png

GrizWiz

Elite member
Hey everyone, newbee here! I've built 2 FT SPK's - Explorer and Simple Scout. Now, I've constructed the body (wing) of the Pizza Box flying wing as shown in this article: https://www.flitetest.com/articles/flying-wing-made-from-a-cardboard-pizza-box

My question is about the motor and the prop. The links in the article no longer work, but I noticed in the build video that Josh installed a 3-bladed prop with three small holes in the center (see the attached photo). Do you need a special kind/brand of motor to mount such a prop? How do you do it? I'm confused.

Thanks for any help! View attachment 189493
You can buy the power pack h on the ft stem store!

quorneng

Master member
Steve
To answer you question yes that type of prop requires a particular type of motor that has two additional pegs on the motor driving face.
A common arrangement on small quads. The H pack motors have the pegs.

Last edited:
Steve
To answer you question yes that type of prop requires a particular type of motor that has two additional pegs on the motor driving face.
A common arrangement on small quads. The H pack motors have the pegs.
Ah, that's the secret - the H pack motor has the pegs! Thanks, quorneng!

I'm using my own motor (2400KV) and ESC, so I'll just get some 3" 3-bladed props with a conventional center hole.

Thanks to quorneng and all of you who responded so quickly. Cheers!