Questions on the Q-Tee pdf plan builf

Dazzy

Just working on the Q-Tee plan as Im still in the design phase and was just wondering about the CG from this pdf plan, why is there a beginner and advanced CG's?

Also how do you use these CG's in my design?

Designing in Turbocad 2019.

Dazzy

Attachments

• Q-Tee3.JPG
    Q-Tee3.JPG
    203 KB · Views: 0
  • Q-Tee2.JPG
    Q-Tee2.JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Q-Tee.JPG
    Q-Tee.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
  • Q-Tee_RCM-625_oz1350.pdf
    637 KB · Views: 0

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The beginner CG will increase the flying stability of the plane, a benefit for the beginner pilot. It will be more difficult to cause a wing stall and it will be easier to recover from a stall. Once you learn to fly move the CG to the advance position to make the plane more responsive & more fun to fly.

Dazzy

Tnaks Merv that really good information. You say "move the CG to the advance position to make the plane more responsive & more fun to fly" so how can I change the CG position once the rc plane is built?

Does that mean since the wings are held to the cabanes by rubber bands, does that mean repositioning the wings slightly forward?

Dazzy

The original plans call for a Cox @120 Golden Bee engine, I did find a link to https://coxengines.ca/engines/ but they dont have that model, therefore could you suggest something similar and alternately a suitable electric motor, battery?

Finally Im all at sea with rx & tx devices, is there any advice here?

Thanks
Daz

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Tnaks Merv that really good information. You say "move the CG to the advance position to make the plane more responsive & more fun to fly" so how can I change the CG position once the rc plane is built?

Does that mean since the wings are held to the cabanes by rubber bands, does that mean repositioning the wings slightly forward?
No, you move the battery.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
never mind...

• 1958 Golden Bee (Cat#120 - manufactured Oct 1957-Jan 1980)

Custom built Golden Bee .051
The Golden Bee is a Baby Bee that has a larger (8cc), stunt vented fuel tank and has been anodized gold. The larger tank allowed the planes to fly longer while the stunt vents allowed the airplanes to fly inverted without fuel running out or the engine cutting out. The first versions of the Golden Bee had a single bypass intake port but later versions had two bypass ports making them slightly more powerful.

so this means it is a .051cc, do a google for "cox .051 brushless equivalent" and you will get all the info you need.

good luck,

me :cool:

Dazzy

never mind...

• 1958 Golden Bee (Cat#120 - manufactured Oct 1957-Jan 1980)

Custom built Golden Bee .051
The Golden Bee is a Baby Bee that has a larger (8cc), stunt vented fuel tank and has been anodized gold. The larger tank allowed the planes to fly longer while the stunt vents allowed the airplanes to fly inverted without fuel running out or the engine cutting out. The first versions of the Golden Bee had a single bypass intake port but later versions had two bypass ports making them slightly more powerful.

so this means it is a .051cc, do a google for "cox .051 brushless equivalent" and you will get all the info you need.

good luck,

Thanks @mrjdstewart for the info, Ive got a few designs done and just waiting for foamboard and balsa wood to work with.

mrjdstewart

Legendary member
i have a balsa SIG 100 glider that i converted to electric. it had the cox .049 and i replaced with emax 2205-2300, 30A esc, 6x4.5, and 4S. mostly due to size restrictions on prop. yours would probably be fine w/same on 3S but i don't think a 6" prop is gonna look good for you. find something a little bigger and lower kv so you can swing a 8 -10" prop.

good luck,