questsion about power pods

Wayne Stambaugh

I built an FT Storch and when I built the power pod I noticed there doesn't appear to be any angle included in the firewall to help reduce left hand turning tendencies. I know on GA aircraft they all have a little angle to the right and a little down angle to help the plane fly straight (as viewed from the cockpit). I haven't flown it yet but was thinking about making a little change before I put it in the air. I'm using the C motor group of components and I think the motor is 1100 K. Any advice will be appreciated.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
The Storch will be fine without any right thrust, it will not hurt anything if you want to add 2 degrees of right.

Reactions: FDS

Wayne Stambaugh

Thanks guys. I think I'll do the maiden flight the way it is. If It won't trim out fully after i get it in the air, before the next flight I'll add a coupe degrees. Thanks again for your input.

jpot1

Elite member
I have one washer under the top screw for a little down thrust and two under the right screw for right thrust. I find it easier to build my pods square and shim the motor mount.

Bricks

Master member
If you use the correct mark for the skewers down thrust is already added from what I have seen.