• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Quick Electric Motor and ESC Question

IcedStorm777

So using something like a 30A ESC and a normal brushless motor like what would be used on an Arrow or something like that, is their any way I can make it so the motor can go forwards and backwards? I am trying to make a tank out of some motors but can't do that unless I can have them go both forwards and backwards without switching the wires? If their isn't, what type of motor do I need? Thanks!

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Pretty much any ESC these days can do that. Its called bi directional mode and can be changed by plugging into a computer, using a card or by radio using the beep codes once its put into programming mode.

Programming mode is just like doing a throttle calibration except you dont drop your throttle down after those boot up beeps. Most esc's come with a paper that tells you how to enter set up and how what the beep codes mean. If not you should be able to get it from the manufacturer websites.