quick question about he MinimOSD

I have a MinimOSD all wired up correctly and working properly, I think, but there is one issue with it. All of the telemetry I need for the most part works (like arming and disarming) except for the battery voltage? It is constantly displaying 17ishv when my quad is only connected to a 3s? I have the tx,rx,gnd and 5v all connected to the cc3d and the pass through for video gnd and 12v also connected. I assumed it got it's voltage data from the 12v connection but I am just now finding out that this isn't true. Does it get it's voltage data from the cc3d? I feel like I'm missing something obvious to get this thing to work right, any help would be much appreciated.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The raw battery voltage is usually read from the FC. Most FC's have VBAT pins or pads where you connect the battery directly to get this measurement. If your FC doesn't have VBAT monitoring it is possible to build a voltage divider and connect the battery through that to one of the analog inputs on the MinimOSD.

Edit: Some MinimOSD's have VBAT pins as well, if yours does you won't need a voltage divider.

Last edited:

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I'm not familiar with the CC3D or that version of MinimOSD, but if the FC is capable of VBAT monitoring, it should have pins, pads or connectors labeled as such. If not, the minimOSD has 2 analog inputs on the row of through hole connectors running up the side. To use these safely though you'll need to build a voltage divider, as these pins can only accept up to 5V.