Solved Quick Question about quad motor directions

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
you can reverse direction on any motors. the only reason they are labeled like that is because how they are threaded for the prop nut. If you use nyloc nuts you dont have to worry and can by the same direction motors. I am surprised that they still do that to be honest. Anyone who has flown a quad more then 3 x and had props come loose with stock prop spinner type nuts switches to nylocs right away if they didnt read up on quads and do that from day one.

Motor direction can be changed easily by swapping any two wires OR in newer versions of the software you can switch them from the gui or thru blheli suite when setting up the esc's

BS projects inc.

Elite member
you can reverse direction on any motors. the only reason they are labeled like that is because how they are threaded for the prop nut. If you use nyloc nuts you dont have to worry and can by the same direction motors. I am surprised that they still do that to be honest. Anyone who has flown a quad more then 3 x and had props come loose with stock prop spinner type nuts switches to nylocs right away if they didnt read up on quads and do that from day one.

Motor direction can be changed easily by swapping any two wires OR in newer versions of the software you can switch them from the gui or thru blheli suite when setting up the esc's
Thanks!

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Quads are more sensitive to motor rotation than planes. The flight controller on a quad starts and stops the motor many times per second in order to maintain control. Ideally, you want the start burst to tighten the prop nut.

I’ve run motors “backwards” on a plane without any issues. Just give the prop nut an extra snug.

Last edited: