Quick Question

Nonamerc

Arman
This is the best way, because you can see for sure how it performs in your area etc If you can base your decision on fact and reality rather than theory, that's the way to go.

My experience is only limited to 5.8, which I still haven't achieved its full potential.
I have experience with 1.2 GHz, 5.8 GHz and uhf system. I have ezuhf but that is for long range. Ask me if you have any questions

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I have experience with 1.2 GHz, 5.8 GHz and uhf system. I have ezuhf but that is for long range. Ask me if you have any questions

You have very limited experience with 5.8Ghz, I say this because you have made statements on a number threads which can only be described as being incorrect. So having had experience with something and actually being experienced are two very different things. I have first hand experience with 1.2Ghz and also UHF (Chainlink Dare), but I wouldn't claim to have experience enough to help someone.

I'm still a few months away before I move onto other Bands :) but thanks.

Nonamerc

Arman
You have very limited experience with 5.8Ghz, I say this because you have made statements on a number threads which can only be described as being incorrect. So having had experience with something and actually being experienced are two very different things. I have first hand experience with 1.2Ghz and also UHF (Chainlink Dare), but I wouldn't claim to have experience enough to help someone.

I'm still a few months away before I move onto other Bands :) but thanks.

1. Wrong quoted was not for you but for the other guy
2. I think that you say this about our little 'discussion' about 5.8 GHz yes I have experience with 5.8 GHz FPV and I got about 200 meters of range with it near a town. I got about 1 km away from the town. I also tried cloverleafs and spw and they did not increased my range by much. And about which statements do you think that I am incorrect? Also read my post again, i said experience not that I am experienced....

Arman

Last edited:

bmsweb

Site Moderator
Arman, I don't want this to blow out as that's not my intention at all. I know you've done some great video tutorials on your youtube channel which I'm sure many will appreciate and gain much from. I'm not going to break down everything you've said and point out where I believe you have made comments that are incorrect, but know that Cloverleaf and Skew Planar antennas do make a major difference in range. I can't comment on why you gained very little range with your antenna.

Cheers
Paul

Nonamerc

Arman
Arman, I don't want this to blow out as that's not my intention at all. I know you've done some great video tutorials on your youtube channel which I'm sure many will appreciate and gain much from. I'm not going to break down everything you've said and point out where I believe you have made comments that are incorrect, but know that Cloverleaf and Skew Planar antennas do make a major difference in range. I can't comment on why you gained very little range with your antenna.

Cheers
Paul
I know that you dont want to break my stuff down. Actually i am a sub of you guys, love your vids. Maybe we made the cloverleaf and skew planar bad. I think the feed gap was to big. I did it from schraut5s tutorial and he made the feed gap to big. Next time i am going with your tutorial :)

Last edited:

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I think the feed gap was to big. I did it from schraut5s tutorial and he made the feed gap to big. Next time i am going with your tutorial :)

Arman, Fortunately or unfortunately we've I've had to make a large number of these antennas and as such the process and technique has been significantly improved. The way I made them in the video does work well, but the new ones are way better and bends and angularity are pretty much spot on. So hold off, I may make another video showing how I make them now.

I need to find time to try some other frequencies :(

Nonamerc

Arman
Arman, Fortunately or unfortunately we've I've had to make a large number of these antennas and as such the process and technique has been significantly improved. The way I made them in the video does work well, but the new ones are way better and bends and angularity are pretty much spot on. So hold off, I may make another video showing how I make them now.

I need to find time to try some other frequencies :(

Maybe try 1.2 GHz with a vee antenna and a biquad 10 dbi patch. When I am home I am going to make a biquad+vee antenna for 1280 MHz.

bmsweb

Site Moderator
I still have heaps of testing to get done in the coming weeks, but I will get there eventually :)