R/C with dogs, mk. II

Robert S

My dog Lilly is the reason I got into R/C in the first place. I was playing ball with her at the park and some guy started flying a small RTF trainer of some sort. Lilly stopped playing catch and started running after the plane. She chased that thing for 5 minutes before I was able to finally grab her. I apologized to the guy and he said it was funny as hell but he was afraid to land for fear of what she might do tot the plane.

After that I bought the small F4U you see in the video. After I got to the point that I could fly it without the gyro, I bought a 1.2M P51D. Now I'm building foamboard wings. All because my dog likes model Airplanes.

She doesn't hurt them either. if I land, or crash, she runs over to it and sits next to it with a big doggie smile on her face. If I pick it up and don't launch it again right away she starts barking and jumping up at me until I do. When she sees me grab any of my planes , she has the same reaction as when she sees me grab the leash. She starts running around and getting excited. If I leave with a plane and not with her, my wife says she mopes in her bed.

She goes berserk when I fly my micro quad in the house. She hates that thing and she will attack it like its an alien monster invading her home.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!

My dog Lilly is the reason I got into R/C in the first place. I was playing ball with her at the park and some guy started flying a small RTF trainer of some sort. Lilly stopped playing catch and started running after the plane. She chased that thing for 5 minutes before I was able to finally grab her. I apologized to the guy and he said it was funny as hell but he was afraid to land for fear of what she might do tot the plane.

After that I bought the small F4U you see in the video. After I got to the point that I could fly it without the gyro, I bought a 1.2M P51D. Now I'm building foamboard wings. All because my dog likes model Airplanes.

She doesn't hurt them either. if I land, or crash, she runs over to it and sits next to it with a big doggie smile on her face. If I pick it up and don't launch it again right away she starts barking and jumping up at me until I do. When she sees me grab any of my planes , she has the same reaction as when she sees me grab the leash. She starts running around and getting excited. If I leave with a plane and not with her, my wife says she mopes in her bed.

She goes berserk when I fly my micro quad in the house. She hates that thing and she will attack it like its an alien monster invading her home.

Better then a cat and a laser pointer.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor

Haha, that’s awesome!

Aviador

Anybody have a strong willing pooch to enjoy the hobby with you? If you do, then you've come to the right place!
Our dog loves to chase and bark at my plane when I’m taking off or flying low🙄I have to get him a ways away and then take off as fast as I can so he don’t catch it. He sure looks to be enjoying it😏

whackflyer

Master member

That's dedication to a dog right there. Our chocolate lab will run in circles and bark, but that's about all he does. My brothers border collie is a different story. She will run after my planes as fast as she can, but the worst thing she does is cuts right in front of me every time I take off. Once in a while I'll actually have to abort a takeoff because the plane hits her. Somehow she never gets hurt though. She used to jump extremely high at my planes as I did passes, but a couple times she actually jumped up into the plane as it passed over her and it's kinda made her scared to do it anymore :p. Both dogs will whine and cry if I leave them in the garage while I fly. It's kinda cool to have 2 flying companions that don't judge your flying or building skills :ROFLMAO:.